Apple Watch Gets New Striped Woven Nylon, Classic Buckle, and Standalone Nike Sport Bands

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 21, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

As has been expected, Apple today debuted a new Spring 2017 lineup of Apple Watch bands that introduces all-new options like Striped Woven Nylon, sold-separately Nike Sport bands, and new colors for Hermès. Every band is available to order today on Apple.com.

[​IMG]

Striped Woven Nylon bands now come in Berry, Tahoe Blue, Orange, Red, and Pollen. There's also an all-new Midnight Blue Woven Nylon band, but it lacks the new stripe pattern.

[​IMG]

New Sport band colors include Pebble, Azure and Camellia, and the Classic Buckle has gotten a small buckle redesign and now comes in Sapphire, Berry, and Taupe.

Users can also finally buy the Nike Sport Band separately in Anthracite/Black, Pure Platinum/White, and Volt/Black. The company is introducing new collections of Nike Bands as well, including a 38mm and 42mm Space Grey Aluminum Case with Anthracite/Black Sport Band and 38mm and 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with Pure Platinum/White Sport Band.

[​IMG]

Apple Watch Hermès is gaining new colors: 38mm Double Tour in Bleu Zéphyr Epsom leather, 38mm Double Buckle Cuff in Fauve Barenia leather, 42mm Single Tour in Lime Epsom leather, and 42mm Single Tour in Colvert Swift leather. One new addition to the Hermès collections has been made and it includes the Apple Watch Series 2 with the 38mm Double Buckle Cuff in Fauve Barenia calfskin leather.

For first time Apple Watch owners, Apple has simplified collections down to bundles that only include Sport Bands, Nike Sport Bands, and the Milanese Loop. This means that bundles including Woven Nylon, Link Bracelet, and Classic Buckle options will no longer be offered, and anyone who wants these bands will have to purchase them separately after they have their Apple Watch.

Pricing for all the bands has not changed with today's announcement: Sport Bands and Woven Nylon cost $49, Classic Buckles cost $149, and the Hermès Bands run for $339 (Single Tour), $489 (Double Tour), and $689 (Double Buckle Cuff). All can be ordered on the Apple Store today.

Article Link: Apple Watch Gets New Striped Woven Nylon, Classic Buckle, and Standalone Nike Sport Bands

2. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

Just bought the Platinum/White Nike band for my 42mm Series 0.

3. jcshas macrumors 6502

jcshas

I was hoping for a price drop on Apple Watch bands. It's ridiculous Apple continues to charge $150 for a leather watch band when there are plenty of other options available at a fraction of the cost. I own several Apple watch bands and a few 3rd party bands which I've purchased from Amazon and/or eBay, and there is virtually no difference in quality. SMH

4. Nick A macrumors regular

Do people really spend all this money on watch bands? Amazon has some perfectly nice metal and leather ones for less than $50.

5. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Pretty great offerings - I'm especially keen on the new Classic Buckle and a Nike strap! Just a bit sad to see the leather loops and metal offerings rot in the corner without any love at all... Super Oyster look anyone? Yea please :)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 21, 2017 ---
    I have tried a lot of bands from Amazon - almost all of them with great reviews, and none of them come even close to the quality of the Apple bands... Sure, of course it's possible to get great leather options out there, but crap from Amazon just isn't the place to go... Great adapters and then real watch straps might be the way to go instead

6. newyorksole macrumors 68040

7. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Bought the Black/Grey Nike band from CeX about a month ago. So pleased they haven't released that as a stand-alone one. Have ordered the Platinum/White and Black/Volt ones for delivery Thursday :)

8. jcshas macrumors 6502

jcshas

Totally agree. I recently paid around $12 for this leather watch band on Amazon, and the fit and quality are every bit as good as the genuine Apple classic (brown) buckle that I also own.

Attached Files:

9. csurfr macrumors 68000

Thought I would usher in our PNW Spring with the Pollen band. Hope it looks on on the Space Grey aluminum!

Though I have been wanting the Stainless Steel...

10. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

11. joshen macrumors regular

joshen

Really like the new leather classic buckle

12. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

Definitely grabbing a Nike band! The knockoffs on amazon just feel flimsy when compared to the official Apple sport bands and they collect lint like crazy. I think I actually like the old classic buckle design better though...

13. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

New watch straps! "Something special" indeed!

14. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Wondered what you were talking about til I realised they've actually changed the design of the buckle.

15. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Is anthracite and black new? Must be a darker gray than the previous light gray, interesting choice by Apple..

16. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

To some maybe, but there is a definite difference in quality between Apple and 3rd party bands

17. mac666er macrumors regular

The black/grey Nike band is now discontinued.

18. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I've bought several 3rd-Party bands from various places and all have come nowhere near the quality of the Apple bands. I'd rather buy used Apple bands than new 3rd-Party trash.
    Shame, I like it.

19. jcshas macrumors 6502

jcshas

To each their own, I guess. I'm as equally happy with the quality of the 3rd party watch bands I own, as I am with my genuine Apple watch bands.

20. Micool1 macrumors regular

Bought a Milanese band from Amazon for 20$ and I love it.

21. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

Bob: Hey Jimmy, nice bracelet. How much does one of those go for?
    Jimmy: Oh thanks Bob! It's called a Double Buckle Cuff and I only paid $689 plus taxes.
    Bob: Laughs at loud while pointing at Bob and telling others to check this out.
    :p

22. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Wow $50 for NYLON bands... it probably costs them less than a dollar to make.
    I know apple likes a nice profit but $30 at the highest would have been more enticing and people would buy more than one color.

23. sba3, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017

sba3 macrumors newbie

So has apple completely stopped including the long plastic storage case with their $149 (and higher) bands? I know when they first came out the Leather Loop, Milanese Loop, classic Buckle, modern buckle and Link bands all came with the hard white case for storage. But now some do not. I know I bought an Saddle Brown classic buckle and all that was included was the cardboard sleeve (like the sport bands). I kind of liked the idea of having a storage case.

24. adamjackson macrumors 68000

Still waiting on a 42mm Modern Buckle. Been waiting for 2 years.
    I prefer buying my accessories direct from Apple. I've been doing it for 20 years and they haven't steered me wrong yet.

25. csurfr macrumors 68000

They also stopped including the plastic case with the aluminum watches. The series 1, and 2 just have a pressed fiber (read: paper) holding the watch now.

Possibly to save a buck, possibly to be more green. Who knows. Watch wise I never used it so it isn't an issue for me. But with the bands, I can see your point.