Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated the Apple Watch page of its online store to note that online pre-orders for the Apple Watch will begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time on Friday, April 10. Just after midnight on the West Coast is Apple's typical time for pre-orders, and the company will likely take the store down beginning at 9PM to prepare for orders.

applewatchpreorders-800x550.jpg
Apple Watch pre-orders will go live simultaneously in all of the first-wave launch countries, meaning U.K. customers will be able order at 8:01 AM local time while Australian pre-orders will go live at 5:01 PM AEST.

Here's a full list of pre-order times by country (in local time):

- U.S., Canada: 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time), 3:01 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- U.K.: 8:01 a.m.
- Germany: 9:01 a.m.
- France: 9:01 a.m.
- Australia: 5:01 p.m.
- Hong Kong: 3:01 p.m.
- China: 3:01 p.m.
- Japan 3:01 p.m.

Apple will accept orders both through its website and through its Apple Store app on the iPhone. Placing an order through the app can often bypass some of the congestion that occurs when pre-orders first begin.

Pricing for the Apple Watch begins at $349 for the Apple Watch Sport, $549 for the stainless steel Apple Watch, and $10,000 for the gold Apple Watch Edition. Pre-orders will be delivered to customers beginning on April 24, which is the device's official launch date.

Article Link: Apple Announces Apple Watch Pre-Orders Will Kick Off at 12:01 AM PT on April 10

ricknologic

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Sydney
the sweetest thing is that I get to try it in store first!
Pre-orders start at 5:01pm here in Sydney (AUS).. and the store of course opens several hours earlier, at 9am.. yay!!!

:cool:

Reactions: BrodieApple

Tekjams

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
My wallet is ready. Apple watch sport in space grey!

Last edited:

corlando465

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I'm hoping that by this time next Friday, I'll have my watch order pending arrival for April 24th! Woot!!

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
I hope the article meant to say "delivered" on April 24.

Yes, that's what I meant. Pre-orders should start arriving to customers on that date, if past product launches are any indication.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Please, can you not just put YOUR timezone on these posts? would be really helpful for your international viewers...

It's not our timezone, it's Apple's timezone. We've added several other timezones around the world to the post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.