Apple Watch - Reminders not syncing (watchOS 6)

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Is anyone having the issue after upgrading to watchOS 6 that reminders won't sync to or from your Apple Watch?

I upgraded my iPhone XS MAX to iOS 13 yesterday then my S4 watch to watchOS 6 and now the sync appears broken.

Reactions: FunkyMagicUK

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2008
I had the issue and this is what fixed it for me...

Force quit reminders on the iPhone
Turn off the watch and turn it back on again
Open reminders on the iPhone
Open reminders on the watch

After I did that it works perfectly with no issues.

Zahni

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2019
Try open reminders on the iphone an migrate database to the new format.

BF1M

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2018
I'm pretty sure it's because of the whole upgrade thing. They never worked on my watch after I upgraded but they did on my wife's until we clicked the upgrade thing on her phone. Then they stopped working right away.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm pretty sure it's because of the whole upgrade thing. They never worked on my watch after I upgraded but they did on my wife's until we clicked the upgrade thing on her phone. Then they stopped working right away.
I have not clicked the upgrade in macOS Reminders and mine don't sync either.

I tried the steps @TwiceNightly suggested and that did not help.

I'm on 13.1 PB4 and I had the same issue. What fixed it for me is I went into the Apple Watch App->General->Reset->Reset Sync Data. This seemed to force the sync. Now I can create one with Siri and they show up on all of my devices including Mojave.
This suggestion from another thread fixed it for me.

Last edited:

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
Unpairing/repairing appears to have worked. My lists are slowly updating on the watch.

BF1M

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2018
I have not clicked the upgrade in macOS Reminders and mine don't sync either.

I tried the steps @TwiceNightly suggested and that did not help.
She this was clicked through her phone not MacOS. It immediately turned them off. I had already done the same thing hours before so used that as sort of a test. It is worth noting that reminders doesn't currently work on my iPad or iMac either.

DJTaurus

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2012
iPhone is on iOS 13
Apple Watch on OS 6

Reminders on watch app are blank.....?

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I set up my new phone and watch yesterday, on the new devices reminders work with no issues.

I didn’t get time to try unpairing and setting up again on my old watch.

fezzzer

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2013
I’ve noticed this too. I ask Siri on my Apple Watch to set a reminder but it disappears never to be seen again.

Reactions: Ghost31

pbird

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2015
Me too. It's very annoying not being able to set reminders with Siri on the watch. The reminders app on the watch is also empty. I tried to reset the sync data on the watch and upgrading to watchOS to the latest 6.1 beta, no go...

HAaries

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2019
could it be if the settings on other device is set so it can't sync or be shared🤭

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Has anyone found a solution? I’ve tried unpairing the watch, turning iCloud reminders off, deleting and reinstalling the reminders app, all to no avail. Is there any difference between unpairing a watch and erasing all content and settings? This is driving me nuts.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Has anyone found a solution? I’ve tried unpairing the watch, turning iCloud reminders off, deleting and reinstalling the reminders app, all to no avail. Is there any difference between unpairing a watch and erasing all content and settings? This is driving me nuts.
This suggestion from another thread fixed it for me. I have not "upgraded" Reminders though.

I'm on 13.1 PB4 and I had the same issue. What fixed it for me is I went into the Apple Watch App->General->Reset->Reset Sync Data. This seemed to force the sync. Now I can create one with Siri and they show up on all of my devices including Mojave.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
This suggestion from another thread fixed it for me. I have not "upgraded" Reminders though.
Thanks, I tried that too with no luck. Question: do you get any feedback when you press the reset sync button? It briefly changes color for me, but I don’t get any indication that anything else is happening.

ericg301

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
having the same issue.

my reminders are hosed across the board even since i "upgraded" them.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I unpaired and re-paired, then Reset Sync Data in the Watch app, and that did the trick. Reminders are back to normal on my Watch.

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Reminders on the Apple Watch doesn't work and it's frustrating as I just upgraded from a Series 2 and now have the Series 5. I have the Reminder Complication on the Infograph and it will say upcoming or how many reminders I have but when you click on the complication it opens the 'Today' section and most of the time it's blank.

If I use the Siri Watch face it will show the upcoming reminders but again if you click on it to open the app it's blank most of the time even though you back out and it shows 4 in 'Today'.

I had reset the data sync and recently unpaired and repaired my watch. It may start working and then it stops.

I would think this is an important part of the watch being able to view and manage reminders. It's one of the few notifications and apps I want on the watch.

:(