Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melillobm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
I've done some browsing and I haven't seen anyone else with this issue recently so I'm posting it here to see if anyone else knows how to fix it.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus with 10.1 and a Apple watch series 2. When my watch is around other bluetooth items, it will constantly lock and prompt for password. Within seconds of unlocking it, it will lock again. For example, when I'm using bluetooth headphones, when I'm near my mac and using bluetooth headphones or when I'm in my car using bluetooth from the phone to the car I experience this issue.

I had a series 0 apple watch and never had this problem. The watch is secure on my wrist. I've done the following to try and remedy the issue:

-hard reset both devices
-wiped and setup apple watch from backup
-wiped again and setup as new apple watch
-force quit apple watch app and reopened.

I can't figure out if it is software or hardware and whether it is the watch or the phone because both are new.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
Fault on the HR sensor..? Since it's in the back a fault could be effected by extra radio TX..?

It might be a hard one to sell to the average tech level of a genius bar though :/

melillobm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Fault on the HR sensor..? Since it's in the back a fault could be effected by extra radio TX..?

It might be a hard one to sell to the average tech level of a genius bar though :/

I have an appointment with them tomorrow. I just didn't want to waste my time if I could have easily solved it via a software setting or trick. I do think it might be the hardware on the watch because my old one paired with this phone was fine. I'll update when I get back from apple tomorrow.

Reactions: iamasmith

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
I have an appointment with them tomorrow. I just didn't want to waste my time if I could have easily solved it via a software setting or trick. I do think it might be the hardware on the watch because my old one paired with this phone was fine. I'll update when I get back from apple tomorrow.

I'd be interested in what they have to say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.