Apple Watch series 3 EE

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by woozor1, Sep 15, 2017.

1. woozor1 macrumors regular

Just seen the prices for the Apple Watch but it doesn't say how much or what to do if you buy your watch from Apple then want to add to your plan how much it will cost.

I am not interested in 24 month contracts for a watch from EE that I will sell next September

2. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

I am interested as well and couldn't find the answer...

3. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

I've just taken the hit and ordered a watch from Apple. EE aren't offering the watch I want (SBSS). People crunching the numbers estimate £8 of the monthly charge accounts for the data plan, so I'm anticipating £10 :eek:

4. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

Didn't the CEO say £5 though??

5. AaronG123 macrumors regular

This is what EE's Sales live chat are saying -

Is it to be believed....? Its EE after all lol

Attached Files:

6. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

Interesting. Doubt it though.

7. shard macrumors newbie

Keen to discover this information before placing my order. Disappointed that this wasn't made clear before pre-orders went live.

8. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

One to keep for evidence later! I wonder is there is a minimum level of monthly spend to qualify or other small print?

It's a good tie-in to their network, so a zero-cost could make a business case.

9. Mic2904, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

Mic2904 macrumors 6502

Looks promising but I guess we will find out :D

Edit:

Just spoken to EE Customer Service:

£5 per month with 6 month unlimited data, after that 10GB data allowance for the watch directly.

10. slears macrumors member

These are the EE prices directly from their website below. I have ordered my 42mm sport series 3 this morning and have a delivery date of next Friday.

https://shop.ee.co.uk/apple-watch-series-3#preorder

38mm Gold Aluminium Case with Pink Sand Sport Band
    • Also available in Silver and Space Grey
    • Upfront cost £0.00
    • Monthly cost £25.00
    42mm Gold Aluminium Case with Pink Sand Sport Band

• Also available in Silver and Space Grey
    • Upfront cost £29.99
    • Monthly cost £25.00
    Nike+ 38mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Band
    • Also available in Silver
    • Upfront cost £0.00
    • Monthly cost £25.00

Nike+ 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Anthracite/Black Nike Sport Band
    • Also available in Silver
    • Upfront cost £29.99
    • Monthly cost £25.00

38mm Stainless Steel Case with Soft White Sport Band
    • Upfront cost £129.99
    • Monthly cost £25.00

42mm Stainless Steel Case with Soft White Sport Band
    • Upfront cost £159.99
    • Monthly cost £25.00

11. woozor1 thread starter macrumors regular

How long is the contract ?

And can u cancel at any time?

12. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

24 months and I don't think you can.

13. woozor1 thread starter macrumors regular

I hope that's not the case as who plans on keeping that watch for 24 months. I will just go wifi if this is the case

14. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

It is an add on to my current contract, I believe. In any case, it works out cheaper than buying from EE directly.

24 x 25 = 600 + 30 for Nike+ (in my case) - 630
    Watch directly from apple 429 - leaves £201 which makes it £8.30 per month

You basically pay 80 quid in interests to EE... Unless I am missing something.

15. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

Every Apple product is on an a 24 month contract in UK.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017 ---
    But if you buy it directly from Apple you'll have to pay upmost of £5 a month to EE which is where the £80 may come in roughly.

16. Bryan839 macrumors member

EE CS have just told me it will be £10 per month! Can’t see any info online to confirm anything :(

17. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

So one guy said it won't be any extra charge, one guy says £5 and you say £10. EE man.

18. slears macrumors member

The benefit of buying from EE is that you can spread the cost over a longer period of time, great for easing up your cashflow whether you can afford it upfront or not. I personally prefer to spread stuff like this over a longer period of time so that I keep the lump sum cash in the bank.

For the first time however I have not upgraded my phone, I have actually moved to SIM only as the updates are only incremental and I am not buying a X based on it being first generation and improvements will be made over the 12 month period following release - I am happy being a test subject, but not a £1,200 test subject!

Regarding the Watch, The EE CEO stated to the press that the offer would be £5 a month based on buying the hardware outright or from somewhere else - if you google this you will come across it. The source was taken directly from his Twitter feed if I remember correctly.

19. woozor1 thread starter macrumors regular

I want to buy it outright from Apple not a contract

What I'm saying is the add to plan fee whether it £5 or £10 a month to use the lte feature on ee should not be a 24 month contract as the watches are not something I would keep more than a year without upgrading.

20. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

Yeah but you said it didn't add up and was more cheaper from Apple. But if you wanted to use cellular you'd have to pay £5 a month extra so that's where the other money comes up. I agree with you, I'd buy it outright because I may upgrade each year and don't liked to be locked in really. I guess we'll be locked in no matter what cos we'll have to get EE with the watch price added on for 12 months at least (sim only).

21. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Seeing as I am not on EE and I do not like the fact there is no other competition I will skip the 4G watch and 'maybe' change my series 0 stainless steel to a series 3 standard stainless steel model.

22. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

That was me though :) You are correct and I didn't add the fiver a month, so it is basically 6 and half a dozen. I personally prefer to pay outright, but can see why people go for spreading the costs.

23. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

I just think this sort of thing shouldn’t happen - why has this employee just made information up haha?

You should have said yes sign me up right now, I have a screenshot of this for later reference.

24. Nixtoo macrumors member

EE just called me, he wanted to sell me a watch. When I said I'd ordered from apple and needed to add it to my plan, he had no idea. Thought it was probably free to add?? Suggested I call back tomorrow.

25. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

Theresn't a standalone SS watch. All steel watches have LTE, though you could buy it and simply not get a contract.

I've had a tweet from EE customer service saying £5 this morning, so another datapoint there. And if there is a 24m lock in to that tariff you can still change devices* so people planning on upgrading the watch annually will be ok I'm sure.

* Done this many times with my phone, don't see why a watch would be different