Apple Watch Series 3 LTE Models Shipping Earlier Than Expected

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 26, 2017.

1. RagingBrosGaming macrumors newbie

RagingBrosGaming

Are we ever gonna get a FaceTime camera on the Apple Watch? Until it happens, I’ll hold out.

2. fithian macrumors regular

Ordered a 42mm stainless black cell 3 at 3:15 am ET, and it arrived on 9/22. Also ordered a 38mm stainless cell 3 at the same time. It was supposed to arrive in early Oct, but actually arrived on 9/25. Both are connected and working. No need to hold the watch to your face when talking. The red dot is like red calipers on a car. Wife likes the dot, I don't. MBP (OS 10.11) asked if I wanted to unlock with the watch.

3. Krissina macrumors newbie

Krissina

I ordered mine the morning of September 16th and have an estimated ship date of October 30-November 10.
    Still no update to anything.

4. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

Not to bad when you get 3 sets. And it covers up that awful red dot. Apple really shouldn’t have put a color on the dot to differentiate particular models. The AWS3 Box clearly states in red Watch Series 3. That should’ve been implication enough to tell the difference. Then they could’ve get the models all the same colors without changing the color of the crown.

I will order the stickers to see if it’s worth covering and seeing what it will look like. If it’s offset and doesn’t match then perhaps I’ll just try to get used to the red dot.

5. GoodScout, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017

GoodScout macrumors newbie

Non-LTE orders are fast racking.
    Cancelled my LTE order last week. (Glad I could help some of you!)
    Ordered the non-cellular Series 3 yesterday (Tuesday) and it's scheduled for delivery Friday.

6. B4U macrumors 65816

B4U

But wouldn't that make the order of the buttons changed?

7. haincha macrumors newbie

I am waiting for an Apple Store in Denver to have a Stainless Steel with Sport Band so I can get the leather band I want. Seems like barely any stores in the country have gotten Stainless Steel models according to istocknow. Waiting... (should have probably pre-ordered)

8. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Correct. Pending on the orientation of the wrist, the buttons will either be on the left side or the right side of the wrist, which the Apple Watch will give you the option when you initially set it up as "Left or right wrist" orientation.

9. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502

MisterAndrew

Especially on the Nike+ watches.

10. jrawles92103 macrumors newbie

jrawles92103

--- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2017 ---
    Oddly enough, my Series 3 LTE ordered through T-Mobile has slipped back a week from 10/30 to 11/9

11. serendipity3 macrumors newbie

serendipity3

--- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2017 ---
    The new Apple Watch series 3 is manufactured in Vietnam, along with other companies like Nike who has set up manufacturing plants for their shirts. Vietnam's workforce wages are half of those that are in China. One Chinese Government Official said back in 2002; "We can all get rich". The state of manufacturing in Vietnam today so closely resembles that of China ten or 15 years ago—when low-income and low-tech manufacturing acted as a magnet for CEO's of America. The payoffs of moving manufacturing plants to Vietnam is enormous. You are being robbed America again and again, this has been going on for decades and you need to gather in groups now to prevent the CEO's of America from continuing this destruction. We need to hold the CEO's accountable for what they have done.

12. jdowning macrumors newbie

13. APPLELOVER0430 macrumors newbie

APPLELOVER0430

What company/carrier did you order with ?

14. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

These watches must be in serious demand. What was originally shown to be shipping towards the end of October has got pushed way back to damn near the end of November. And this is through TMobile. Anyone else confirm models being pushed out just as late through TMobile or any other carriers?

-Shawn

Attached Files:

15. Krissina macrumors newbie

Krissina

Mine is thru T-Mobile. Est delivery of October 30-November 10. Got pushed back to November 8-29.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    Added note, I spoke with customer service, they said not to go off the dates on the T-Mobile app. To look online instead. When I did that, it shows the original estimated date. Not the one that's pushed back. I'd just cancel my order and go to apple if it wasn't for tmobiles payment plan -_-

Attached Files:

16. APPLELOVER0430 macrumors newbie

APPLELOVER0430

17. Adair1230 macrumors newbie

Adair1230

I ordered my watch from Verizon and I ordered it the day it was suppose to come out in store and never did where I’m at so I had to order and that was the 22nd and it hasn’t changed what so ever it is still in processing and it says it’s due to ship October 11 but I know people are already getting theirs has anyone that ordered on the 22nd got there’s yet or anything or is anyone dealing with what I am? I’m in the US Montgomery al

18. APPLELOVER0430 macrumors newbie

APPLELOVER0430

s
    I ordered mines on the 20th and tmobile site Says 10/30/2017 which is crazy .I know people who ordered on the 18 that got there's asap .. I have been looking at my bank account seeing if the Tmobile pulls the money soon .

19. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

83FF37E7-FA36-43BE-AEAF-AE08285823E2.jpeg Ordered on the 22nd and ship date was originally 9th to 16th October. But arrived yesterday. I bought some watch dots to cover the red crown.

20. APPLELOVER0430 macrumors newbie

APPLELOVER0430

Who is the carrier ?/3:

21. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

I am on a corporate plan at the moment, but will move to a private plan with EE so that I can use the watch with LTE.

22. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

I want to order some dots for mine myself. That red crown looks hideous to me! I’ll be ordering some once I know my watch has shipped.

23. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

SS really does look great.

24. Adair1230 macrumors newbie

Adair1230

Who is your carrier I dint understand why some people are getting them but others are not and or why they keep getting them in stores before all the people that ordered them are getting theirs

25. jdowning macrumors newbie

They seem to route some percentage to stores for whatever reason. I used Instocknow to locate some AirPods quicker than the six week shipping estimate from Apple.
    I ordered 42mm SS LTE on the 15th, estimate of 10/13-20 has not yet changed.