Apple Watch Series 4 Now Available for Pre-Order

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 14, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Alongside the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, the Apple Watch Series 4 is now available for pre-order from Apple's online storefront and through the Apple Store app.

Apple Watch Series 4 marks the first ever design change for the Apple Watch since its debut, with the new models offering displays that are up to 30 percent larger along with a smaller, thinner case. The new models are available in 40 and 44mm size options, up from 38 and 42mm.

[​IMG]

Several new watch faces have been designed for the Apple Watch Series 4 to take advantage of the additional screen real estate, and all models now use black ceramic and sapphire crystal backing for better cellular service.

Haptic feedback has been built into the Digital Crown, which is also equipped with electrodes to enable a new feature that lets the watch take an electrocardiogram (ECG) reading. Inside, the Apple Watch Series 4 is equipped with a faster, more efficient S4 chip and a next-generation accelerometer and gyroscope enable fall detection. Despite the new features, Series 4 models continue to offer "all-day" 18-hour battery life.

[​IMG]

Pre-orders for the cellular Apple Watch Series 4 models are available in Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK and US.

Non-cellular Apple Watch Series 4 models are available for pre-order in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands.

[​IMG]

Major U.S. carriers - Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile - are accepting pre-orders for the LTE Apple Watch Series 4 models, as are other carriers around the world. Major online retailers including Best Buy and Target are also accepting pre-orders starting today.

Supplies of the Apple Watch Series 4 could potentially be limited and the device may be in high demand given that it's a major upgrade over the Series 3, so customers interested in launch-day delivery should order as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

Apple Watch Series 4 models are available in Silver, Space Gray, and Gold in both aluminum and stainless steel. Apple is offering multiple configurations and band options for the Series 4, with a full list of options available here.

The first Apple Watch Series 4 pre-orders are expected to arrive to customers on Friday, September 21, the official launch date for the device. Nike+ Series 4 models are available for pre-order today but won't be shipped out to customers until October 5.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 4 Now Available for Pre-Order

2. kylelerner macrumors member

kylelerner

3. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

4. guychicago macrumors 6502

guychicago

5. markgpearse macrumors regular

6. BvizioN, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018

BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

8:05 Still down as usual. Apple playing tricks.....

Updated. I placed an order for the Apple Watch series 4. Delivery 1-7 October :(

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Apple store site still down, shows "Almost there"

8. RonFromOregon macrumors member

12:04, I can't get in. Trying online and with the iPhone App.

9. groovyf macrumors 6502

10. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

11. Apple_Jae macrumors newbie

iPhone Xs Max 256g Space Gray and Apple Watch Series 4 Space Black Steel 44mm both ordered through AT&T at 11:55pm

12. markgpearse macrumors regular

13. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Lies. Still down on both desktop and app.

Also sucks it's been down for hours so no chance to update address or payment info.

14. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I got in just after 12:01 PDT and first ordered my iPhone XS Max and then ordered a 44mm Stainless in Gold. Both arriving next week.

15. Diaz72 macrumors member

16. jasonefmonk, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018

jasonefmonk macrumors regular

Just a few finishing touches… at :07 past the hour. I should just go to bed.

Edit:
    In and done at ~03:10EDT. Shipping to Ontario, Canada with expected delivery on release day.

Apple Watch Series 4 GPS+Cellular, 44mm Space Black stainless steel (with Sport Band). I’m a current 1st-gen 42mm SB SS owner, and am unsure on the size. I do however have a Link Bracelet and Milanese Loop that I don’t want to replace…

17. Roller macrumors 68020

C'mon Apple, I need to get back to sleep. Maybe they're in the S4 time zone.

18. iPad Air macrumors regular

Pre-ordering XS Max 256 Space Gray on Verizon...its running SLOW. Trying to process the pre-order...spinning blue wheel

19. travoose macrumors member

travoose

-Xs Max, 256, Space Gray
    -Aluminum Space Black AW, 42MM, Cellular
    -Cape Cod Blue Sport Loop

Delivers 9/21, order placed at 3:01 via Apple store app. Went smooth, from Central PA! Shout out to anyone who has heard of Knoebels Grove!

20. tentales macrumors 6502a

tentales

21. Zachari macrumors regular

Zachari

As I was ordering shipping date changed from Sep 21st to 28th - Oct 1.

But.. excited for my black stainless steel watch after years of aluminum!

22. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

23. Lotusman macrumors regular

24. friedmud macrumors 65816

Having trouble ordering one on AT&T... getting stuck when trying to check out...

25. arggg14 macrumors 6502a