Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jman1027

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2018
So i preordered my Apple Watch but when will they take the cash out my account anyone know??

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
I owned an S1 and S2 in SS and switched to aluminum in my S3. I also preordered an S4 aluminum. The SS is beautiful and there are occasions when I miss it but I really haven’t noticed that much of difference. I use my watch to workout so the aluminum is nice because it’s much lighter. They both share the exact same watch functions so it’s just not worth it to me to pay the extra cost to get SS.
Thanks for your opinion, I’m hoping to feel the same so I don’t feel the need to switch back and pay more
[doublepost=1537051372][/doublepost]
So i preordered my Apple Watch but when will they take the cash out my account anyone know??

I think most take the funds when it either ships or it’s picked up. If it’s PayPal and ordered by Apple it also comes out when shipped or picked though PP is usually an immediate withdrawal.

Reactions: jcshas

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
Delivery estimate for my S4 aluminum GPS/cellular is October 15th -October 22nd but I’m hoping it ships sooner. I’m trading in my S3 thru Apple trade in program but I only have 14-days to send it in. The trade in value of $225 is nearly the same as ebay average selling price so it’s sort of a no brainer. Fingers crossed.

ahodes

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Delivery estimate for my S4 aluminum GPS/cellular is October 15th -October 22nd but I’m hoping it ships sooner. I’m trading in my S3 thru Apple trade in program but I only have 14-days to send it in. The trade in value of $225 is nearly the same as ebay average selling price so it’s sort of a no brainer. Fingers crossed.

They told me that it's 14 days from when they send the new watch:

"Now the trade in kit for the give back program is actually not sent out to you until your new Apple Watch ships out. Then you would have 14 days to return it!"

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
They told me that it's 14 days from when they send the new watch:

"Now the trade in kit for the give back program is actually not sent out to you until your new Apple Watch ships out. Then you would have 14 days to return it!"

Well the odd thing is they delivered the empty shipping box to me about 2 hours after I preordered my watch today. I hope you’re right! :)

UPDATE 9/18: I spoke with a representative from Brighstar yesterday and they confirmed, my (trade-in) Apple Watch must be shipped to Brightstar in 14 days regardless of when my new Apple Watch will ship. The best they can do is extend the offer until October 3rd. My S4 aluminum still shows a ship date of 10/15-10/22 so it looks like I’ll be without an Apple Watch for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

ahodes

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Well the odd thing is they delivered the empty shipping box to me about 2 hours after I preordered my watch today. I hope you’re right! :)

They delivered the box in 2 hours!? That's some fast shipping service. No sign of a box yet here.

EDIT: Did you do the trade in as a part of the order or did you choose the option to get a gift card? I did the one where they refund your order, and I'd bet they are handled differently.

Last edited:

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
They delivered the box in 2 hours!? That's some fast shipping service. No sign of a box yet here.

EDIT: Did you do the trade in as a part of the order or did you choose the option to get a gift card? I did the one where they refund your order, and I'd bet they are handled differently.

I did the trade as part of my order

Billberryjuice

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
UK
Can anyone confirm that the Watch's bluetooth 5 will work with the bluetooth 4.2 on my iPhone 6S? I have read that the bluetooth 5.0 standard is backwards compatible, but you never know... Thanks for any ideas.

“Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 12 or later. Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 12 or later. Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 11 or later. Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 11 or later.”

From the small print at the bottom of the main watch page.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Order placed on Apple Store App via ATT iPhone X for:
44mm SS White Sport Band with AppleCare+

I was Quoted Sep 28 - Oct 2 delivery :(

I ended up canceling my aluminum model preorder and getting black stainless through T-Mobile. They said it should arrive Friday the 21st but I’m skeptical based on apples estimates at launch. I’m prepared for it to take another week or longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.