Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
As stated above, be VERY leery of BB. Every year they promise release day delivery and every year they get delayed. Hopefully stock is sufficient this year that all 3rd parties have them available for release day.
Yes. I have often seen they can't deliver on the rollout date (Fri) and you have to wait for the next week.
[doublepost=1568310920][/doublepost]
I hear you,. There is nothing wrong with owning an Aluminum model (and in fact this just go to show how nice Space Gray Aluminum looks) but when I buy a premium model (I wear a SBSS S4) I not only want sapphire glass, I want a distinctive look to the case that is more rare and I just feel that Space Black Titanium just isn't distinctive enough from other very, very, very commonly purchased options (I'd argue from anecdotal evidence that Space Gray Aluminum was THE most commonly purchased option for the Series 4) to make me feel my extra money paid to make the watch unique.
I agree since it is an edition release there should have been a distinctive color. A great choice would have been red with the project Red band.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I agree since it is an edition release there should have been a distinctive color. A great choice would have been red with the project Red band.

I suppose it depends on what distinctive means to you... I don't think the Dark-Grey, Light-Grey, or Soft-White Sport Bands are available other than coming with an Edition watch. Those certainly wouldn't be as noticeable as red.

Speaking for myself - Since I wouldn't wear a red band, I'm happy with the Dark-Grey. :D

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Something to consider -- cellular models do not need to be on a cellular plan to call emergency services I believe. Depending on what sort stuff you do, there may be a case for buying the cellular models and not getting a monthly plan.
That's why I got the cellular version. Fall detection could be a real life saver but it could be of very limited use if you don't happen to have your phone with you. Plus, if for some reason I suddenly need the cellular only functions I can simply add the watch on my plan.

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Pre-ordered mine a few hours after the announcement. Delivery is Sep 27 - Oct 2.

Apple Watch Edition GPS + Cellular, 44mm Titanium Case with Alaskan Blue Sport Loop.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
That's why I got the cellular version. Fall detection could be a real life saver but it could be of very limited use if you don't happen to have your phone with you. Plus, if for some reason I suddenly need the cellular only functions I can simply add the watch on my plan.
Remember that's International emergency services access. Pretty impressive feature.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
Just preordered from Best Buy. I had $105 in rewards there, so by the time I sell the old watch it should be a pretty sweet deal.

Last edited:

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
After watching so many videos I canceled my silver titanium order and placed an order for the stainless steel instead.

Brushed Titanium just doesn’t suit me I guess. Got an expected shipping date of Sep 30 to Oct 3.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
I ordered the Hermes Space Black this time. I've had the silver S4 and S3 and thought I'd give the black a go this time.

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Ordered a SBSS 44mm with Pine Green band yesterday. Stated would be delivered 9/20. Moved to Preparing to Ship today.

mine is preparing to ship as well. ordered a couple of hours after preorders started
6DEB51DF-7199-4624-A5A1-BADAB83B2F78.jpeg

Reactions: EdMan

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
I hear you, before I even pressed "post reply" I knew perhaps I came off too much like "I want people to know I spent the big $$$$" when that isn't exactly what I mean, so I regret how it sounded. I know what you are saying about a slightly deeper and more textured look than space gray aluminum but I think the color is so close and the texture so hard to see beyond a foot or two it would be indistinguishable, I would argue, to almost anyone even avid Apple Watch users. I guess I would notice the subtle difference on my own wrist. There is nothing wrong with owning an Aluminum model (and in fact this just go to show how nice Space Gray Aluminum looks) but when I buy a premium model (I wear a SBSS S4) I not only want sapphire glass, I want a distinctive look to the case that is more rare and I just feel that Space Black Titanium just isn't distinctive enough from other very, very, very commonly purchased options (I'd argue from anecdotal evidence that Space Gray Aluminum was THE most commonly purchased option for the Series 4) to make me feel my extra money paid to make the watch unique.

hey i hear you. and those are all fair points. But check out this video of the titanium. Its super black compared to aluminum black. I think you will change your mind

Reactions: chasers

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Anybody seeing anything on UPS MyChoice yet? Nothing for me yet.

Curious about this too. I have my phone and watching coming next friday and really can't take the day off as much as i would love to. I want to have it held at a UPS store, is that an option?

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Curious about this too. I have my phone and watching coming next friday and really can't take the day off as much as i would love to. I want to have it held at a UPS store, is that an option?

You can select your local distribution center and it will be available to pickup on Friday, if you route it to a store, it will be delayed a day, so you can't get it until Monday. So make sure you select the proper place on UPS's end.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
You can select your local distribution center and it will be available to pickup on Friday, if you route it to a store, it will be delayed a day, so you can't get it until Monday. So make sure you select the proper place on UPS's end.

Good to know for sure. I may just weasel my way into a day off instead then as I dont think I have a local distribution center anywhere nearby.

Cwal

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
Anybody seeing anything on UPS MyChoice yet? Nothing for me yet.

From Canada but UPS MyChoice shows it just scanned in Anchorage, AK.

Apple still shows preparing to ship.

UPS delivery date is now showing the 20th instead of the 23rd

Last edited:
Reactions: mcvaughan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.