Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

superlawyer15

Suspended
Sep 15, 2014
No. Once it is in preparing to ship stage, you cannot cancel. You can return it after it is delivered to you tho.

This is extremely annoying TBH. It can stay in “preparing to ship” for days. You should be able to cancel it up until the moment it ships.

as4life

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Ordered through Apple store minutes after it re-opened. SS graphite with charcoal band and still hasn’t shipped.

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
Titanium with sport loop shipped this morning via UPS. No Titanium options available it seems for local pickup.

Reactions: DianaMR

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
9FF016C6-D04C-4110-B225-5F1FDCE21415.jpeg

Shipped!!!
From China :(

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
My order for a 44MM Silver Aluminum watch with GPS + Cellular has just gone from preparing to ship to shipped. The label has been made, but UPS has not gotten it yet. It looks like the 25th or possibly sooner will be the date it will be delivered.

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
Hi, I ordered my new Apple Watch 6 SS as soon s it became available, deliver date September 25-29. I just found the same watch at my local Apple Store. Once it goes to preparing to ship, I can't cancel it. What would be the best and easiest way to return back to Apple?
Thanks, Jerry

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Woke up this morning and checked my bank account and the Apple Watch charge is no longer there, it had been pending since Tuesday afternoon. I went to look up the order status on the Apple.com and it was still "Preparing to Ship". So for fun I went in and checked on the same watch for pick up at my local Apple Store and I am now picking the same watch up at the Apple Store today. Whenever I receive the other watch I will bring it to the Apple Store and get a refund. The delivery date on the watch ordered Tuesday is September 25-29.

Apple Watch Nike Series 6, GPS, 40mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Blue Black/Bright Mango Nike Sport Band

Attachments

• 4178FFA9-F15D-4B0A-A177-D6B1ACC7CD34.jpeg
    4178FFA9-F15D-4B0A-A177-D6B1ACC7CD34.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 166

HDLA

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2020
just ordered a Nike 44mm (GPS+LTE) w/ Black Nike Sports Band for pick up at my local Apple Store. Cancelled my online order that was stuck in pending in processing since day of announcement.

Good luck everyone!

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Hi, I ordered my new Apple Watch 6 SS as soon s it became available, deliver date September 25-29. I just found the same watch at my local Apple Store. Once it goes to preparing to ship, I can't cancel it. What would be the best and easiest way to return back to Apple?
Thanks, Jerry
Same thing happened to me. I ordered it again and will be picking it up in a few hours. When the one ordered Tuesday finally comes in I will just return it unopened to the Apple Store.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Thanks, Jerry

If you want it now, order it and pick it up at the local store, when the original order comes, just return it.

vfortier

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2005
Thanks, Jerry
Did the same, I guess the 30 day return policy will apply

Blhall1981

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
I ordered the 44 space grey aluminum from Best Buy for pick up tomorrow at the store - how has success been with that? Supposed to be ready for curbside tomorrow, but this is my first time using Best Buy with this.

Update: got the text from Best Buy last night that my order was ready for pick up today, so I’ll be heading that way after work 🙌🏻

Friscochris

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
Had eta of 9/28 - Oct 1 and Oct 5 - 8. Charges were pending for Wednesday, so maybe I was getting it sooner. I saw that two I ordered were available today for pick up at the store. Cost me $30 more in tax, but I sold my series 2 last night and I’m impatient. See you at 4pm today apple watches!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.