Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Stores in the United States have begun to receive shipments of the Apple Watch to fulfill in-store reservations through Personal Pickup, according to BGR. The report claims the Apple Watch will be available for in-store pickup starting today or tomorrow, but the exact product mix remains unclear at this point.

A spot check of the Apple Online Store reveals that the Personal Pickup option remains unavailable for the Apple Watch at brick-and-mortar Apple Store locations in New York and elsewhere in the United States. A dedicated Reserve and Pickup page for the Apple Watch that was live in early April also continues to redirect to the main Apple Watch product page on the company's website.

applewatchtrio.jpg

Apple Watch orders have been taken exclusively online since pre-orders began on April 10, although Apple is now catching up on the backlog of shipments and is better positioned to sell the wrist-worn device in stores soon. Apple executive Jeff Williams confirmed earlier this month that it would soon begin selling some Apple Watch models in Apple Stores, but he did not provide a specific date.
"The response to Apple Watch has surpassed our expectations in every way, and we are thrilled to bring it to more customers around the world," said Jeff Williams, Apple's senior vice president of Operations. "We're also making great progress with the backlog of Apple Watch orders, and we thank our customers for their patience. All orders placed through May, with the sole exception of Apple Watch 42 mm Space Black Stainless Steel with Space Black Link Bracelet, will ship to customers within two weeks. At that time, we'll also begin selling some models in our Apple Retail Stores."
Apple Watch launches in seven additional countries on June 26: Italy, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Taiwan. The wrist-worn device will be sold through the Apple Store, Apple Online Store and select authorized resellers in the countries, including 10 Corso Como in Milan, BOONTHESHOP Cheongdam in Seoul and Malmaison by The Hour Glass in Singapore.

Article Link: Apple Watch Shipments Arriving to Apple Stores, In-Store Availability Appears Imminent

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
The 38mm is 3-7 days from order now and the 42mm is 2-3 weeks from order for all SS models but the Space Black link. I'm guessing we'll see more 38mm models in store to start. Sport models are also running 2-3 weeks on most options, but we all know Apple loves to under promise and over deliver if they can.

Comment

tigertazz

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Nice one.
Though I'm going to have to curb the urge I have to get one even more now

Comment

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
If I had some spare cash I would consider picking up a stainless model in place of my space gray. Not that I'm not happy with my choice but the stainless is just a little easier to match bands and has the sapphire crystal.

Reactions: skyfreedom
Comment

TheAustrianGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
I'm glad this finally happened.
Just as glad as I am that we can't even order the watch in Austria yet (let alone not having a single Apple store in the whole country) :)

Reactions: MandiMac
Comment

auriconis

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2012
NJ
A lot of stores already do have more bands besides the sport. You just have to ask. I was able to pick up a Blue Leather Loop in store a week and a half ago.

I was also able to pick up a 42 mm Milanese Loop in store. Just call ahead and ask if they have them in.

Comment

israely

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2015
Gəncə
The 38mm is 3-7 days from order now and the 42mm is 2-3 weeks from order for all SS models but the Space Black link. I'm guessing we'll see more 38mm models in store to start. Sport models are also running 2-3 weeks on most options, but we all know Apple loves to under promise and over deliver if they can.
I just ordered the 38 mm space grey sport on the 12th and it is already set to be delivered today on the 16th. That is after it estimated 2 - 2.5 weeks for delivery so they are clearly under promising and over delivering in this instance. Seems at least that model has a quick turnaround.

Comment

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Normality restored. hoping to see a few queues to make people happy :)

Comment

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
I'm thinking of a 1.5 year period. So fall reveal and maybe even a relaunch date of fall as well instead of spring again. Apple originally wanted a fall release anyways

Comment

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Apparently they are not available yet. Apple sales team has received no word yet on when they will be available. Once they do they will announce it on their "hotnews" page.

Reactions: ohsnaphappy
Comment

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Two months after the "launch" and we will finally see it in stores. I am glad to see that they finally fixed the mess and hope that this is not repeated anytime soon. Let this blemish in Apple's history pass, but not be forgotten so that it will never-again be repeated.

Comment

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
About time they got the product in the stores. I wonder if there is enough international interest still in countries where it hasn't launched to see scalpers lining up at stores. In NYC we see a lot of tourists who buy there stuff here in the U.S. where it is cheaper and less taxed and then they take/smuggle it back to their home country, often as gifts for their families.

Comment

tigertazz

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
I honestly highly doubt a new apple watch will come this year. Next fall 2016 at best

Yeah unlike the iPhone or the iPad the watch is so personal that you'd likely annoy so many people by having a yearly upgrade cycle

Comment

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah unlike the iPhone or the iPad the watch is so personal that you'd likely annoy so many people by having a yearly upgrade cycle

You can only go off past history. The general rule is that Apple updates its flagship products on a yearly basis. Since the watch is new product all we're left to guess but my best guess is that they follow the same pattern with the watch.

Reactions: V.K.
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.