Apple watch sport silver or space gray ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Che Castro, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

Which color are you getting & do you think the price will be the same for both colors ?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm getting space grey and I do think the price will be the same for both.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They should be priced the same because Space Gray doesn't require the special plating found on the Space Black model (in the stainless steel Watch collection).

4. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I'm really interested in the Space Grey, but I do think it will cost more :( I'll be going with the cheapest option to start with tbh, it's just too much money for something I don't need, that will likely have terrible residual values but really just want

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why do you think this? They don't charge different prices for Space Gray, Silver and Gold iPhones, do they?

6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I almost always go with the aluminum/white products but the black on black Sport looks awesome and I will definitely be going with that.

7. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I don't have anything to base it on really, other than the fact it's only shown once with only the black strap in the gallery's on the apple store, like its a limited version? Possibly like the black MacBook was

I hope I'm wrong of course

8. Sharkey311 Suspended

If the Apple Watch SS turns out to be crazy expensive and I am left to get a Sports edition, there's no doubt it'll be the Space Gray with the black band.

9. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

It is looking like I will not be able to afford or willing to spend the money for a stainless steel watch. I think the silver aluminum looks okay, but it could also look cheap. That's why I'll probably end up with the space gray. Can't wait!

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Price will be a factor, but first choice is Stainless Steel Black
    [​IMG]

Option 2 will be Sports Space Black [​IMG]

11. rosario1990 macrumors regular

I like sport silver and it's my first choice as well. And the price should be the same.

12. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Same situation here. How much do you think you're willing to pay for the Stainless Steel Black?

To OP: I believe the Sport models will be the same price no matter the color, but with the Black in the Stainless Steel I expect it to carry a premium price tag due to its DLC coating.

13. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I'm in the same boat. I've been looking for an in person picture of the space black SS, man that thing looks sexy. Too bad it'll probably be way out of my budget...

14. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Count me as a 4th on the SS Space Black unless it's too pricey for me and then Sport Space Gray.

I'm potentially willing to go up to $800 for the SS Space Black version. I have about $700 cash set aside for it, and I could justify another $100 to get the model I want. Anything over the $800 mark would be difficult for me to justify to myself, let alone my wife.

15. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I'd put my max at maybe $600. I'm hoping they keep them on the cheaper end of the rumors, but I'm probably going to be out of luck and stuck going with either the normal SS or the space gray sport.

16. saving107, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I want the 42mm model, so off the bat I know it will be more. My max was also $600, but depending how much more above $600 I might be able to justify it, $800 will be pushing it for a gen 1 model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Myself I think I will go for the space black sport! If build materials are going to be the only differentiator on the Apple Watch, this time I will go for the cheapest.

18. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

It's a Toss Up

But I'm leaning towards the sport silver.
    The space grey, would actually be nice because my iPhone is space grey.

19. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I have to admit.

Let's say they were all the same price.
    And we had:

Aluminium, Polished Steel and Gold plated (I say gold plated to keep it cheap)

So they were all the exact same price, and it was only looks you were going with.

I'd go for the Aluminium model as it's looks, to me, fresh, clean and modern.

The shiny steel looks cheap like old chrome on a car and chrome/shiny is so 1960's, 70's and 80's We are way past that.

Gold just looks tacky and tasteless, unless it's a small highlight.

Aluminium would be my preferred look
    It's a personal thing I know.

20. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

If I could get the Stainless Space Black with a leather band in place of the link bracelet I'll get that. I have a set price in mind that I will not go over. The link bracelet looks nice but its not me. I've had links the past and they have bothered me. No sense in buying the whole watch if I am not going to use the (probably very expensive) band it comes with.

2nd option will be the Stainless 42mm with the Blue Leather band + black Sport band. 3rd would be Space Gray 42mm Sport. All depends on price and customizability. The Space Black Stainless case looks really sharp.

21. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I don't see Apple pricing other current products based on colour? What makes you think they will on this one?

22. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I believe you miss read my post. I said I think they will be priced the same for both.

23. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Apologies. It's just a bit to early right now in UK an my eyes are not fully open :)

24. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Haha. It's all good :). It happens.

25. Dave245 macrumors 601

If the Stainless Steel version is too much then i will get the :apple: Watch Sport i will wait until i see it in the Apple store before i make my mind up which colour i want. However i do really like the Blue, Black and White bands.

What get's me is that a few people thought i was crazy when i said the Stainless Steel Apple :apple: could cost around £1000, now industry people are suggesting it, the latest being John Gruber.