Apple Watch: This was supposed to be beautiful?

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
I would'nt be so bad without the crown and having to use the crown to control functions seems a step backwards.

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
I wouldn't say it's an ugly watch because it follows the form of a watch aesthetically. A metal surround, a crown and a strap is what you should expect isn't it?
It's ugly. Just because it's in the general shape of a watch, doesn't excuse how hideous it looks. Looks like the Swiss have no worries afterall...

dewthedru

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010
so if i want to use it as a gps to track my run, i have to carry an iphone in my pocket as well?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors 604
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
It's ugly. Just because it's in the general shape of a watch, doesn't excuse how hideous it looks. Looks like the Swiss have no worries afterall...

It's ugly in your opinion I think. I have no intension of getting it, I'm just a watch collector giving his two pence. I am happy with my Swiss watch and see nothing hideous about the iWatch. It looks like a watch which to me means it fits the bill.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
95% of how it looks will depend on the band.

Kind of like how the iPhone face is all about showing off the app you're using.

I'm kind of surprised too but this is probably the smartest move. Unlike with iPhones everyone's Apple Watch will look different.

Adelphos33

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
That design doesn't look the best, but the stainless steel version with the leather strap probably looks great. This watch is about personalization. There are three versions, multiple colors of each version, and presumably unlimited straps (including the ones you bring yourself).

its93rc

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Austin, Texas
They should have priced this @ $199.
The price is exorbitant for what the product is. It's not really groundbreaking or beautiful in any way.
It's nice -- mediocre at best. (I'm so getting one on day one, to be honest.) haha.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I highly doubt they overlooked this. I'm sure you can simply put the watch on the other way and change a setting.

Good point. Actually mocking the crown on the wrong side seems easier b.c you can grip the watch. I noticed they said zero about battery life. That is a big concern.