Apple watch vs Huawei

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

2. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

3. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I agree, the apple version has a touch more class, this one looks more.. utilitarian in comparison.

4. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

Who cares about the strap when the watch itself is so gorgeous with that clasic and classy timeless design. Hoping that Androidwear will come to iOS soon...

5. technosix macrumors 6502a

Huawei is rapidly evolving into a very serious competitor with great products. Soon they will announce another move up to flagship level smartphones. At that point it's highly likely that line will debut on the USA.

6. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Not a huge fan of the Huawei bands but it doesn't take much to one up Apple on their leather bands.

7. bobTX10 macrumors member

wow thats a beautiful smart watch for sure. maybe more so than the apple watch, but I cant help how much less function it has. Looking at the videos, I feel watch OS is way more polished and useful than Android wear would ever be. And with all the potential apps, the Apple watch will go way beyond the competition. Or I could be completely wrong! :)

8. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

9. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

While I will say I think the milanese from Huawei looks really nice, I still think Apple's looks more classy. IMO though, I really wish Apple would do a black milanese just like Huawei did. I already ordered a SS Black AW, and since only few of Apple's bands will match, I believe a black milaense would be PERFECT for the SS Black. Black, seems to pretty much go with everything though. Who knows, maybe some third party out there will be able to supply such a band. Only time will tell though.

-Shawn

10. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Huawei smart watches looks gorgeous... Sure Apple watch is sexy and has more function but Huawei is sexy.

11. Docd62 macrumors regular

It's really hard to say if those band are nice or not as they are not photos but rendering of the watch and bands.

12. doctorandrew macrumors member

Wow huawei watches look absolutely gorgeous! Reminds me of those crazy complicated automatic watches that costs tens of thousands of dollars. Good job Huawei.

13. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Just like they eventually did with larger phones because of competition pressure, it would not be surprising at all if Apple brought out a round watch next year.

Especially if they allow Android Wear in the Apple App Store.

I think many would be attracted to round watches with nearly infinite strap choices and a price tag that's way, way less than Apple's. Especially for stainless steel models.

14. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

100% agree on this

15. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

It's ok. I like Apple's milanese loop better. But for those who think round is nicer Huawei is probably the best of the Android bunch.

[​IMG]

16. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Did you see it in person? Did you see the actual photo?

17. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Yup I sure did, I saw the pictures. Didn't I post the link?

18. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

What if they didn't? Will you guys man up and hand up and say I don't have a clue?

----------

Sorry. I meant the actual watch.

19. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Easy there tiger, I do have an apple watch on the way. I just think huawei watches are absolute knocked out the park.

20. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

All I'm saying is people think Moto360 is beautiful too, from a picture.

21. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Nope...I hate the Moro band. The Moto with links band wasn't as bad tho. But huawei takes the cake.

22. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Now this... this is how a circular smartwatch SHOULD look. Not like the Moto 360. Sorry Moto. I've always thought the near-bezel-less design was just weird looking. Or maybe it was that it was a "perfect circle" and the band disappeared underneath it. I don't know, the 360 just never looked like a watch to me.

That said, I still prefer the rectangular design for a smartwatch. But if I had an Android phone, this would hands-down be the watch to go with.

23. doctorandrew macrumors member

Hmm this picture makes the screen a little washed out. I knew it's too good to be true :(

[​IMG]

The website makes it really look like a mechanical watch face. Urgh

24. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

It's LCD I believe. And I don't think it's "iPhone 6 LCD" either.

25. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Never thought I would say that Huawei was the best looking of anything, but holy crap that is the best looking watch so far! Really like the black milanese loop too, although the magnetic version on Apple is better.

If Android Wear does come to iOS, Apple is going to lose a lot of sales. I mean, you can literally get a Moto 360 for $70 at Best Buy with the $100 off deal. Or go with Google and buy direct for $165. When the average joe sees the cost of Apple Watch (or Huawei in this case) vs something like the 360, with little additional benefit gain, the Apple Watch is going to lose out. People on here can deny it, but the cost of an electronic accessory, like a watch, will be a prime determining factor in actual purchases.