Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Oh the "PATROIT" Act. The best thing to happen to America since Bush demoed the WTC.

Bush "demoed" the WTC.

Obama was born in Kenya.

Which of the above is a crazy nutbag conspiracy theory?

Answer: Both

Pissed of Muslims blew up the WTC, not Bush, and Obama was born in America, not Kenya.

You're welcome.

nostaws

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2006
I am a law abiding citizen. I have nothing to hide.

But that doesn't mean I want government collecting all my data and snooping through all my stuff. A lot of people, my friends included, would give up privacy for increased security. I am not one of those people.

The minute the warrantless cellphone search case hit the supreme court, I started locking my phone. If I get pulled over I don't want police going through my phone regardless of my innocence.

Good for Apple on this one.

Thunderbird

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2005
"Dear Apple customer,

This is to notify you that we have received a request from the Department of Homeland Security and NSA to forward information contained in your recent communications on your iPhone device as well as iCloud files.

Like you, Apple believes in the security of our nation and is honored to cooperate with the Federal government on such matters. Please be assured that we have expedited this request and have already forwarded all the above information to the respective parties. At no time has any of your personal information or privacy been breached or exposed to any third party organization. All your most personal information is safely in the hands of the Federal government.

Apple is a proud American company working hard to protect you and your sensitive data from unscrupulous and malicious threats from within and outside our nation's borders. We strive to seek ways to bolster the confidence of our valued customers and to strengthen the security of the corporate police state we all live in.

If you have any questions regarding this request do not hesitate to call our infinite turnover loop office at: 408.996.1010."

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
Bush "demoed" the WTC.

Obama was born in Kenya.

Which of the above is a crazy nutbag conspiracy theory?

Answer: Both

Pissed of Muslims blew up the WTC, not Bush, and Obama was born in America, not Kenya.

You're welcome.

Hey, if you like living in ignorance, go ahead. This is America my friend. We can all believe what we want. I am not sure why you brought up Obama.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I think this is a bad thing. Come on who are we helping here? The police/FBI/invesagator? No. There job is now harder. And if you didn't do anything then why should you care that they are trying to solve a crime and looked at your stuff? Come on does the government really care about my text? Nope. Do they care about my emails from macrumors and BBC America? Nope. Do they care I have 1,200 trophies in clash of clans? Nope. Do they care to see these pictures (screen shot below). I have pictures of my dog apple Doctor Who and iOS bugs. No one cares. Do I care that they see my awesome notes?Nope.
Nobody cares. Do I want them to see my stuff. Of course not. But if they need to to solve a crime they can go for it. Then apple can tell me after.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 151

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
Hey, if you like living in ignorance, go ahead. This is America my friend. We can all believe what we want. I am not sure why you brought up Obama.

this is coming from a guy who's youtube favorites include: the boston marathon bombing misreporting and and conspiracy news, how to get high by injecting snake venom, 10 rules for dealing with the police, how to steal gum balls out of a machine, and how to grow marijuana.

talk about living in ignorance.

MacVista

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
It's only a matter of time… :eek:

This is Kumar FarookYou, I am the prince of Nigeria.
Apple has told me that the US Government is looking for many of my data.
I need your help to hide my data.
Can you give me your user name, password, ip address and credit number, social security so I can save in your Mackintotsh all the maps where I hide my MILLIONS of U.S. Dolllars around the world.
I trust you, and I know you will not try to steel my hidden treassures
Kind regards.

Kumar,
your new friend

Last edited:

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
this is coming from a guy who's youtube favorites include: the boston marathon bombing misreporting and and conspiracy news, how to get high by injecting snake venom, 10 rules for dealing with the police, how to steal gum balls out of a machine, and how to grow marijuana.

talk about living in ignorance.

Hahahaha. That's a great compilation!

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
That would drive me crazy knowing, I'd be so paranoid, wanting to know why.

I cannot tell you how I know this, but the NSA has been monitoring you for several months now. The tropospheric metawave dronescans of your cerebellum indicate that you have had, shall we say, questionable thoughts and opinions. For three easy payments of $29.95 (in Swiss Bitcoins only, please), though, I can introduce a margin-of-error algorithm into their system and deflect suspicion to one of your next-door neighbors. But wait! If you act before midnight tonight and inform your neighbors of this special offer, you will receive a free, stylish tin-foil Fedora that will repel any future dronescans!*

*This offer is not available in Delaware. Some restrictions may apply. Side effects of wearing tin-foil Fedoras may include drowsiness, dry mouth, or moderate to severe death.

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
when i look back it kinda is lol :D

I'm not even trying to be funny or a jerk. I can laugh at myself. Half of my favorites do happen to be conspiracy therioes. I like watching them all. Well except for those ones about the leaders of the world being lizard people. I mean you never know... but I don't believe it.

I think.. :)

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Who needs a constitution? Who needs a bill of rights? Civil liberties are overrated. As long as I can stare at a glowing screen all day, I don't care how high the private, for-profit prison walls and guard towers they build around me are. I'm too busy consuming product to worry about such things.

maxwelltech

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
Irvine, CA, USA
At least this is a step in the right direction. I am still glad that Snowden exposed the US Surveillance to let everybody know what the government is doing. I don't need nor want to know every single secret of the DoD, but the public deserves to know about the existence of such programs concerning the privacy and rights of the people.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I [think because I live a boring, uneventful life and there's no possible way I could be hauled in on trumped-up or false charges, because that never happens ever, that no one else should have any privacy either.

If you don't understand or value your rights, that's your own shortcoming. Not valuing others rights and arguing against them makes you a threat to them. Try life in China for a while to see how much you love having to censor your words for fear of having someone other than he intended recipient read and object to something you wrote, take something out of context, or even simply not "get" the sarcasm/wit/humor of your private correspondence. "But our justice system is infallible, and it never ruins people's innocent peoples lives..." Look into it, even once. That's what you're putting your trust in; other very fallible people, with a horrible track record of ineptitude, inaccuracy, politics and abuses.

We've got a Supreme Court Justice unelected & granted with absolute power, talking about how not just opening the floodgates to buying congressional votes, but even discussing campaign finance reform at all is anti-American and a potentially punishable treasonous offense. Treason still punishable by hanging. The DOJ has overtly cleared the way for a return to prosecutable thought-crimes again. Hell you can now be convicted for speaking critically of certain high-donating actively lobbying industries and even individual companies. Etc. etc. etc. Thousands of these anti-citizen, pro-consolidation of power/money laws rammed through, and thousands more scheduled. No country has seen such a radical loss & reversal of their liberties without descending into civil war over it.

If after the last 70 years, you still think the FBI, CIA, & now NSA think of you as anything more than an inmate awaiting your conviction, you need to start paying attention, because they make no bones about it. You don't even need to go to the conspiracy theorists for the horrorshow, you can just listen to Congress and the Supreme Court in their own words.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.