Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
Incredible offer. Nearly makes up for the extra iPad cost (just gotta complain ;))
This is a savvy business move. I want Mavericks on my Mini at home, but I'm doubtful it has the hardware to run well, so I'll probably end up grabbing this free download, not liking the slower times on my machine, and buying a brand new Mini...

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
You should be able to just type in your actual account email address over the one that's already there. Is it not allowing you to enter in the account you actually use??

The section where I'd put in my email address is grayed out. It only has a weird address that I've never seen before in my life.

Mwongozi

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2007
Woodside, CA
Well, this is weird. I keep going to go download it and it keeps saying that I have to give a password to an account that isn't even linked to the computer at all.

This usually happens if you have pirated/stolen an App Store app without buying it using your account.

Delete the pirated app and it will stop.

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
wow, 5,29 GB downloading now (Germany) :D
dr8ac5.png

Snookerman

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
How are you supposed to download and install from a computer running Snow Leopard if the update is done using the App store which I can't access using my three Snow Leopard computers?

Update to 10.6.8 (The Mac App Store is on 10.6.6 and higher).

elgrecomac

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
San Diego
Downloading right now

Over 5.2 GB to download and the servers are being hit a bit. Looks like it will take about 20 minutes or more.

I've been running an old GM version on an external firewire/800 drive and its been fine but I'm looking forward to seeing the performance improvements on my internal drive. Will update after the download and 45 minute update.
:cool:

Update: now a bit slow. R the servers getting hammered? And its not my ISP because I use WebPAss (http://www.Webpass.net) and my transfer speeds are 315mbs down and 200+mbs up...

Last edited:

tooobe

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
Fantastic, at last Apple starts following Microsoft in shipping their service packs free!

So your argument is that OSX 10.9 is more or less the same product as OSX 10.0? OSX has seen more change in every point update than any major Windows update (except for perhaps Windows 7, which was an awesome upgrade from Vista at the time, although Vista caught up to 7 after quite a while).

Aucun Express

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
Very nice. I was not expecting this free announcement. I was already getting ready to use an App Store gift card that I wanted to give at Christmas. #ashamed ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.