Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2013
And then people wonder why Apple has such loyal fans. This is just one of the MANY reasons why I have been with :apple: for 30+ years.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Very nice! Great job, Apple. Very quick response!

----------

How do you know Apple wasn't aware of this before the iPhone was released? They had deadlines. The new phones may be better constructed.

how is it a quick response when its one apple representative talking to one person? how bout issuing a press release?

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
It's completely ridiculous. That's not to say some people aren't experiencing the problem. I just think the media exposure of this issue is out of control. But, I'm done. I don't have a 6+, nor do I work for Apple; therefore, my input is meaningless.

then aren't you just agreeing with me? the media exposure is ridiculous.

you dont have to work for apple to know the manufacturing business, especially like a nitty picky company like apple to know that they wouldn't roll out with millions of devices knowingly that it was a faulty device.

and then have a plan B right after and get returns? that absolutely makes no business sense at all.

you dont need an MBA to understand that. like i said its common sense, and knowing what kind of company apple is, it just strengthens it.

there is no way that you if you normally sit down that your going to bend that plus, because like i said before i have to use note for development and at times for an international phone.

i carry it in my pocket all the time, at no point was there enough pressure added from my leg or pocket movement to bend any device, you really have to be in awkward position.

your talking about isolated issues among HOW MANY MANUFACTURED?

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Although I am not a big fan of Apple's business model of planned obsolescence, I must say their Apple Store customer support is great. My wife's 5S with separating screen was 2 days out of warranty, they first attempted to replace the screen, then they simply said screw it, we're gonna give you a refurb instead. Honestly, they didn't have to do anything for me, but they went above and beyond.

And that, folks, is why Apple is one step above other handset manufacturers on the market today.

(I currently use a Galaxy Note II).

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
The issue here is not that Apple replaces bend iphones the issue is that people needs to take care more their iphones

Apple could replace 1 time, 2 times, 5 times your iphone and then?

The bend iphone of the video was already damaged, I like to see a test with a perfect iphone to see how difficult is to bend the iphone.

Also Apple could reinforce new iphones to make them harder to bend

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
The issue here is not that Apple replaces bend iphones the issue is that people needs to take care more their iphones

Apple could replace 1 time, 2 times, 5 times your iphone and then?

The bend iphone of the video was already damaged, I like to see a test with a perfect iphone to see how difficult is to bend the iphone.

Also Apple could reinforce new iphones to make them harder to bend

Yeah it was already bent, and you know how it was bent?

From being in his front pocket. WOW what maltreatment of his phone that was how terrible he's treating his devices!

there ya go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKXvupYes4

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Although I am not a big fan of Apple's business model of planned obsolescence, I must say their Apple Store customer support is great. My wife's 5S with separating screen was 2 days out of warranty, they first attempted to replace the screen, then they simply said screw it, we're gonna give you a refurb instead. Honestly, they didn't have to do anything for me, but they went above and beyond.

And that, folks, is why Apple is one step above other handset manufacturers on the market today.

(I currently use a Galaxy Note II).

Planned obsolescence is generally an better way then unplanned. Unplanned is generally sooner then later as it doesn't benefit the manufacturer anymore to support those products.

I can almost guarantee the iPhone will see iOS 11.

Plus its no more then any other tech company its just Apple is so black and white with their hardware and software updates when it comes to the iPhone. Take their other products that don't have such clear releases and no one mentioned planned obsolescence but its still there you just don't know the timeline for it.

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
They likely will only replace it once and hope the owner learns something. They do not HAVE to replace it at all.

Hope the iPhone 7 is 3/4" thick!

Yet if it's proven defective, what is there to "learn"?

As far as I'm aware...you or I, and many around here are not qualified
to make "outside of warranty" claims on the structural integrity of this device.

Last edited:

Appleind

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
And something will be wrong with the 6S. You can't beat the system of mass market products.
4 had antenna problems. 4S rectified that. 5 had scratch issues fixes in 5S. Now 6 has the bending issues which I guess will be fixed in 6S

You see the pattern

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.