Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How is your phone protected?

• AppleCare+

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Carrier Insurance

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 3rd Party Insurance

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • I bought a case & don’t need no stinkin Insurance

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
I have my X. It’s great blah blah...

Now I want to ensure I’ve got the best protection for the best price.

AppleCare+ is $200 and you have to pay upfront...right?

AT&T allowed me to add their insurance for only $8.99/month within 30 days of activation. Looking over the costs associated with damage and loss, it seems to be comparable to AppleCare+.

2 years at $9/month = $216

So I went with AT&T protection for now. There’s a time limit on every insurance option.

I’d like to know if others have found decent protection plans and how they compare. Maybe this discussion could help future owners decide how to best protect their insanely expensive and breakable toys. Thanks for your input!

bakerjeri

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017

AT&T allowed me to add their insurance for only $8.99/month within 30 days of activation. Looking over the costs associated with damage and loss, it seems to be comparable to AppleCare+.

So I went with AT&T protection for now. There’s a time limit on every insurance option.

I’d like to know if others have found decent protection plans and how they compare. Maybe this discussion could help future owners decide how to best protect their insanely expensive and breakable toys. Thanks for your input!
[doublepost=1510088451][/doublepost]AT&T has huge deductibles

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Specific. Cause they were comparable to AppleCare+ for me.
Capture.JPG

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Wells Fargo includes warranty if you pay your service with a credit card - I've fortunately never had to use it, though, so I can't speak to its success.

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Notice how it’s a declining deductible over time. And the price for the repair is very close to that with AppleCare+. I don’t see your point.

You asked for information that was easily accessible yourself. Learn to use Google. That's my point.

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
You asked for information that was easily accessible yourself. Learn to use Google. That's my point.

I wanted to know what you, specifically, thought of as “huge deductibles” for AT&T. You posted an image of information without any context to the conversation; information that I’ve already seen and didn’t need to google to be aware of.

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
I wanted to know what you, specifically, thought of as “huge deductibles” for AT&T. You posted an image of information without any context to the conversation; information that I’ve already seen and didn’t need to google to be aware of.

Get Squaretrade. AppleCare is a huge ripoff. You'd have to be a fool to get that.

thatgrrld

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

I went with AT&T insurance too. AppleCare doesn’t cover loss or theft.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
I went with AT&T insurance too. AppleCare doesn’t cover loss or theft.

This 100%. I’ve used the loss coverage three times, saved me some serious $$.

And their claims procedure is effortless. All web-based. And the replacement (which is always retail BNIB) is shipped Next Day Air.

Reactions: thatgrrld
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.