Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
actually i've taken it to two apple stores and the jerk off genius bar techs tell me heat is a normal issue then refuse to take it any further

To be honest, you should tell us the names of the stores, so we can contact these two people who you call "jerk off genius bar techs" and ask them about their opinion of the matter.

In my experience, the most important thing when you need help is to make the person who could help you want to help you. Once you've managed that, everything else is easy. It seems that you are not very good at that, and your results are accordingly.

MacBass

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2005
La Crosse, WI
I don't know what to tell you then... Obviously Apple feels its not an immediate issue and you won't let them take it from you to look at it. Apple is under no obligation to replace anything just because you need it for a business. If something needs to be replaced, then they will replace what needs to be replaced. Apple can't just go around replacing computer after computer just because of an issue it has. It would cost them millions. I'm a tech in a local computer store here and we have our own customers who run businesses off computers we sell to them that we have to send their computer in for a week or so. It happens dude....

Apple is trying to help you by offering to send the computer in. Just because you need it for a business, doesn't mean Apple has to send you a new one when they can just fix what's wrong with the one you have. Case warping doesn't effect the way the computer works. So you can bitch all you want about that and Apple won't fix it. You can throw it in the trash and buy a Dell, Gateway, IBM, etc and if it had a warped case, they also wouldn't replace it because it doesn't effect the way the computer functions. Apple can fix the overheating, battery and possibly even the display, but you're going to have to bite the bullet and send it in.

You can get pissed off at me and call me names all you want because you didn't get the answer you wanted to hear, but I'm just telling you the way it is. Sorry....

+1

I, too, am a hardware tech, and Apple may think this warping could have been due to user abuse, which may explain why they are not outright considering replacement. You have to have patience with Apple, they have good customer service, and I've had fast and friendly service each time I've called Apple Care. While you may have the fastest technology, customer service still runs at human speeds.

Also, it sounds like you are running XP far too much...it's making you hostile. :D

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Eff that number one customer service. It's a PAIN and I mean it, to talk to Apple over the whatsoever NOT TOLL free line in the UK.

Call the sales number then and ask politely to be transferred to customer services, Apple are excellent at doing so when I have called.

Also try looking at http://www.saynoto0870.com/.

Also remember that virtually all UK companies use 0870 numbers, you can also say you calling from a mobile and ask for them to call you back, that normally works with call centres.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.