Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Camoischaos, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Camoischaos macrumors member

I just got off the phone with applecare to see what they could do about my monitor trim to get it fixed and he told me that the one year warrenty doesnt cover cosmetics and that i would have to pay 650$ to get it fixed HAAHAHAHAAH not today apple not today. Ill post a couple pics of the separation later for my camera isnt with me at the momment.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

What happened to the trim? Was it like that when you bought it?

3. Camoischaos thread starter macrumors member

Yes it was like that when i took it out of the box i figured that ill deal with it when i go on winter break for i always took my macbook to class with me. Well im on winter break right now just looking for time to go to the apple store because it seems to be when im not working there aren't appointments available or i wouldn't have enough time to make it there from when i check. Gah i hope to get this problem fixed.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Go to the Apple Store instead. Clearly explain to them your problem, they might be able to help. Also, it might be a good idea to go back to the same store where you bought your MacBook.

I would like a pic to see what the damage is, maybe you can get some excuse for it.

5. Camoischaos thread starter macrumors member

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=619512

I posted a pic of the bottom right coming off i couldn't get a good shot of the part by the iSight starting to lift. I ordered my Macbook through Apple's website.

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Your most likely are going to have issues trying to get it fixed since you waited so long. What you should have done when you got it is call them and report it. Now they might replace it if you argue enough, but if I was apple I would wonder why you didn't report it in the first place or they could say it's cosmetic and you have to pay to get if fixed.

7. Camoischaos thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thats what Applecare told me that its a cosmetic issue and that i had to pay 650$.. I guess i will just have to explain my story of why i didnt turn it in so quickly :p