Apple's 2011 Black Friday Discounts for iPad 2, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac and More

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

9to5Mac reveals the prices for Apple's 2011 Black Friday sales. The discounts are in line with last year's prices, with only modest discounts on the company's products. Price drops for Apple's core products are as follows:

iPad 2 - $41 to $61 Off
iPod nano - $11 off
iPod Touch - $21 to $41 off
MacBook Air - $101 off
MacBook Pro - $101 off
iMac - $101 off

Meanwhile, 3rd party accessories are also seeing some small discounts ranging from $11-$101.95 in savings for accessories such as iPad Smart Covers, iPhone battery packs and external hard drives.

These prices should be available for both online and local retail Apple store locations. For those who were planning to purchase from Apple retail anyway, it makes sense to wait until Friday. Customers eligible for Apple's educational pricing on Macs may also want to compare prices, as some models have better standard educational pricing while others have better Black Friday pricing.

For those looking for more savings, other online retailers frequently have their own Black Friday sales on Apple products as well. Depending on your location, those other online retailers may provide the added advantage of not charging sales tax on online orders. Apple's online store does charge local sales tax on all orders when applicable.

Article Link: Apple's 2011 Black Friday Discounts for iPad 2, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac and More

Liquidtrance

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Yeah I'm not sure why this is becoming such a big news story around the web. This is about normal for Apple Products. For the most part, bottom line is, Apple doesn't give discounts.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
I would comment on the prices but last year I was bashed (By someone who got banned a few months later) for being a contractor working at the DOD and noting that the year long Military/Government Purchase Program discount was better than the Black Friday discount. :rolleyes:

I'll probably check it out, I want to get a keyboard cover for my MacBook.

Last edited:

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I see the Michael Kors clutch wallet for the iPhone on sale, but not the Hex Code Wallet. Overall, the discounts are in line with what Apple has done last year, including for the iPad.

Leipold

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Good morning.

So the Best Buy sale is still the best deal on the 13" Macbook Air? I need to buy as a gift; I am sweating the expense.

1goodidea

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
On a Mac you can do better by just getting them to price match someone else's 10% off offer (I did this 2 weeks ago) - 10% off plus free wired keyboard.

Leipold

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
Are you a US iPhone user? For me the iTunes Match/iCloud thing really eliminates the need for an iPod Classic.

I wish they would offer a discount on the iPod classic. I want to buy one of those before they stop selling them.

Vantage Point

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2010
New Jersey
I kind of hoped that the new management would get a bit more into the Christmas spirit but no surprises here. This is why I shop on line and picked up my MBP on amazon.com last year since the apple store sale price is not even enough to cover the sales tax.

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Are you a US iPhone user? For me the iTunes Match/iCloud thing really eliminates the need for an iPod Classic.
I only signed up to upgrade the songs I got off Napster to the higher bit rate. As it stands right now, you can't transfer over playlists to an iPhone (how stupid is that!), and you cannot listen to a song that is not already on your iPhone, without having access to the internet (e.g, on an airplane). So no, ITM is not the same as having all your song with you everywhere. For that you still need your iPod Classic.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Just another example of why it is practically flushing money down the toilet to buy new Apple products directly from Apple. Even with the discounts they still don't sniff the prices of their own authorized resellers.

kazmac

macrumors G3
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
May get some accessories

Might buy another another Magic Mouse or two and a keyboard at Apple's online store Friday. The educational discount still trumps the BF deal but it is good to see Apple offer something.

Nice to see accessories. If I get another Mac in 2012 I will definitely wait until Black Friday to get a Time Capsule cheaper.

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
Dollars or Percentage Off?

The screen shot from 9to5Mac looks like it's $101 off the base $999 MBA which is about 10%. I want to get my wife the 13" MBA which is $1299. Will the discount be $101 or can I expect 10% off the $1,299?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.