Apples agreement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jayman34187, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

I read the apple user agreement and it says apple will offer original OS your phone came with if you want it. So why is apple not fulfilling this agreement?

2. warrmr macrumors regular

Has anyone asked for it?

3. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes many 3G owners would love to go back to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 since the 4.0 upgrade. Yup yup... Apple isn't fulfilling the agreement but we should fulfill ours that we won't tamper with the OS lol maybe a jailbreak is the only way to go back ya think

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

But what have you done? Have you gone into an Apple store and asked them to do it? What did they say? I've never heard of anyone trying it.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you contact apple requesting this?

6. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

I called the apple store and was told there is no way to go back. And the apple employee giggled and thought it was funny. It goes against the apple agreement though. Doesn't suprise me because this is apple for you.

7. warrmr macrumors regular

Well I can tell you straight up that I had a 3gs replaced under warentee back in July I gave my old one to them with iOS4 on and the repalacement come back to me with iOS3.1.

So unless you have gone into an apple store and asked then I cant really see what the point of your rant is.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm not able to find that verbiage in the iPhone user agreement I found on Apple's site. Can you post a link? Thx.

9. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

It's common knowledge apple won't let you go back. And they are not replacing all iPhones you want to go back on. So many unhappy 3G owners out there who are running 4.0 so they just take it to the apple store and get a new phone? You got lucky they aren't doing this for everybody why would they? It would be cheaper for apple to provide older OS than to give out phones. Point is apple not fulfilling the agreement in my iPhone manual... This is. Problelm

I find it funny these apple fanboys playing stupid lol did you go into apple store to see if they would downgrade your OS lol the Apple store 2 hours from me why would I go in and ask when I can call and ask to be shot down lol

10. shandyman Suspended

before i got my 3G, i took it into an apple store in london and they put it back on 3.1. go away troll.

11. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

Just the truth no troll about it... Two kinds of people who use the word troll. The first kind are apple fanboys who think no matter what apple is perfect and can't do any wrong even if they do wrong. Delusionals.. Or apple employees on here not admitting they work for apple.

12. shandyman Suspended

lol. if it's the truth, how come i did it? i'm not a fan boy, apple aren't perfect. i don't own a mac, i'm a PC guy, i have my iphone. and i don't work for apple, i work in the mortgage industry.

13. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow all the 3G owners need to talk to you to get te downgrade OS so they can use there phones again at acceptable speeds

And to think all along these guys could downgrade the 3G OS to get back the better speeds of phone. God bless you sir and we need to spread the word on this discovery you made that eveyone else who had problems failed to look into..

14. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Can you point us to where it says this in the user agreement?

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Can you actually post the section of the agreement you're refering to? May clear up some of the confusion people are having.

16. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

because you can't be sure you were talking to someone who even has the proper knowledge to shoot you down in the first place. Make an appointment to go in to the genius bar. I'm sure they will be more than helpful.

17. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

To long of drive can acess iTunes at home what's wrong with that

18. warrmr macrumors regular

The OP is correct about what it says in the user agreement. Either the guy at the apple store didnt know about it or the OP told the apple guy how to do his job in which case wasnt willing to help.

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iphone.pdf

Check out section 1 General seccond paragraph. It says that apple will provide all software updates upto and including the major releases. That if you use the old software you dont get all the good fetures.

I paraphrased that as i cant cut and paste from a PDF on my works PC.

EDIT: I think I may have missinterpreted that paragraph. I think what it actually means was if your phone was provided with software 2.0 apple will continue to provide updates of the software up until the next major release.

19. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

The original OS for the 3G would be 2.0.

Do you want that?

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can downgrade it to 3.1.3 yourself in 10 minutes.

21. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Maybe try calling apple support then? They could be more helpful than the retail stores. I'm not sure if you have already tried them or not.

2 hours isn't that bad of a drive. Make a day out of it. Take the family or pets or whatever you have at home with you down to the store,and spend the day in that town.

22. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

Point is Apple not following the agreement... So get 3.1.3 oh wait apple won't let you but the agreement they made says different.. Apple want us to follow software agreements we won't jailbreak... It goes both ways apple

23. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried apple store on phone called apples support number and nada... Told cannot go back on the OS

24. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Yup, I've done it to my 3G.

go to http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 and find the OS you want( iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw is what you asked for)

then go here and download RecBoot (http://www.sebby.net/443-recboot-final-release/), this will put your iPhone into DFU mode, but you need this program because at the end of the process, you are going to get an Error pop up, this program will take it out of Recovery Mode.

and here is a video tutorial detailing How-to. http://cnettv.cnet.com/downgrade-your-iphone-3g-from-ios-4/9742-1_53-50090954.html

its super easy. But this process only works for the iPhone 3G (not for the 3GS or iPhone 4)

25. Jayman34187 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you sir... Yes it is true and apple should be held accountable for all the people denied to go back to older OS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.