Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Yup, I've done it to my 3G.

go to http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 and find the OS you want( iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw is what you asked for)

then go here and download RecBoot (http://www.sebby.net/443-recboot-final-release/), this will put your iPhone into DFU mode, but you need this program because at the end of the process, you are going to get an Error pop up, this program will take it out of Recovery Mode.

and here is a video tutorial detailing How-to. http://cnettv.cnet.com/downgrade-your-iphone-3g-from-ios-4/9742-1_53-50090954.html

its super easy. But this process only works for the iPhone 3G (not for the 3GS or iPhone 4)

I did this with my iPhone 3G because it made my phone extremely slow and it was definitely not a good selling point. If you don't want to mess with downgrading, just wait for Apple to release a non-buggy 4.0, whenever that will be no one knows.

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010

go to http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 and find the OS you want( iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw is what you asked for)

then go here and download RecBoot (http://www.sebby.net/443-recboot-final-release/), this will put your iPhone into DFU mode, but you need this program because at the end of the process, you are going to get an Error pop up, this program will take it out of Recovery Mode.

and here is a video tutorial detailing How-to. http://cnettv.cnet.com/downgrade-your-iphone-3g-from-ios-4/9742-1_53-50090954.html

its super easy. But this process only works for the iPhone 3G (not for the 3GS or iPhone 4)

So break the iPhone OS software agreement in order to go back to older OS that apple already says you can do in the software agreement lol..... Only from apple

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Yep, it would take alot longer than posting this thread and whining about it or calling apple and try to get your phone swapped.

So break the iPhone OS software agreement in order to go back to older OS that apple already says you can do in the software agreement lol..... Only from apple

Give it up finally.

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Whomever jailbroke and went back To earlier OS for your phone good for you!!! Hate for apple to degrade your user experience by telling you in the agreement they will let you downgrade but in real life try won't let you so a jailbreak must be done to fulfill what apple will not. They a bunch of liars over at apple. Even says in apples users agreement they ate liars becAuse they don't honor what they promise. Shady.... Keep jailbreaking people and get full use out of your phone don't be stuck with an OS thy dent work well with your phone...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Whomever jailbroke and went back To earlier OS for your phone good for you!!! Hate for apple to degrade your user experience by telling you in the agreement they will let you downgrade but in real life try won't let you so a jailbreak must be done to fulfill what apple will not. They a bunch of liars over at apple. Even says in apples users agreement they ate liars becAuse they don't honor what they promise. Shady.... Keep jailbreaking people and get full use out of your phone don't be stuck with an OS thy dent work well with your phone...

You dont need a JB to downgrade to official 3.1.3
Stop trying to spread negativity and misinformation.
If you really want to downgrade your phone then we helped you above, you want to cry some more find a shoulder elsewhere.
Wow, I just did a quick search off all threads that you started and its all the same complaining and drama about Apple.
https://forums.macrumors.com/search/?searchid=21481605
Im going to stop right here and not eat the bait.
See ya.

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
You dont need a JB to downgrade to official 3.1.3
Stop trying to spread negativity and misinformation.
If you really want to downgrade your phone then we helped you above, you want to cry some more find a shoulder elsewhere.

Actually this is false. I tried to downgrade and apple did nothing for me but laugh. So apple employee how does one downgrade without a jailbreak?? Go to the apple store?? LOL sure whatever you say.

Lots of people have tried to downgrade and know they cannot without a jailbreak... Unless apple take your phone and swap you out or somehow downgrade it which iTunes cannot.. So don't try to deny the facts here... Lots of 3G users got burnt updating to 4.0 and yes some cases apple might of swapped the phone for them to get older OS back or some apple store employee knew how to downgrade and helped a few people I don't deny this... It's good PR what about the other 99 percent who have problems with downgrading? You jailbreak or be screwed... Go away apple boy tired of you trying to derail the truth...

clg82

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California

You my friend are in "fanboy" central......welcome......Oh and if this thread doesn't make you mad enough you should go to all the threads started about the reception issue.....ugh.......:rolleyes:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Actually this is false. I tried to downgrade and apple did nothing for me but laugh. So apple employee how does one downgrade without a jailbreak?? Go to the apple store?? LOL sure whatever you say.

Its not false.
Hey if you cant read, dont comprehent or dont want to thats not my problem.
All you do is download 3.1.3 and restore to that thru itunes. When its done restoring and gives you an error you run recboot to kick it out of recovery and you're done. You'd be on official 3.1.3, NOT JB.
But why I waste my time posting this anyway? You're not really looking for a solution, instead you just like to complain like a little girl.

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Its not false.
Hey if you cant read, dont comprehent or dont want to thats not my problem.
All you do is download 3.1.3 and restore to that thru itunes. When its done restoring and gives you and error you run recboot to kick it out of recovery and you're done. You'd be on official 3.1.3, NOT JB.
But why I waste my time posting this anyway? You're not really looking for a solution, instead you just like to complain like a little girl.

Oh so everybody knows how to do this ? And is the 3.1.3 offered by apple on an apple site or other third party source??? Hmmm according to apples agreement it says nothing about with the help of third party support to downgrade and needing recboot or whatever. Why does the downgrade always say error??? Can't apple fix this? Oh wait they don't support downgrading it just happens to work if you know what you're doing with a little third party research... Keep digging apple boy..

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Im not crying like a little girl.... Here for awareness that in apples agreement says they support downgrading iPhone OS and in fact this is a lie... Sure with some know how and 3rd party support u can do almost anything... But this isn't apples doing or them honoring what they say... This is the whole point... Me crying ha ha???? I'm on 3.1.3 now and jailbreaking is the best thing I could of ever done.... Back in the day when I was lost and needed apples help they denied me of any help or support... I don't need them now but they really should
Honor there agreement..

Apple didn't honor the agreement and don't help me.. So I legally jailbroke my device... Was faithful to apple until I realized how shady they are.. They don't like jailbreakers ? Well good I'm glad because they do alot of things many people don't like hard working people who give Apple lots of $$$$ apple can't have it all sorry. Us consumers won't Ll be sucked in and told what to do... This my last apple product and apple assured me of that by being who they are.... Wormy

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Apple Campus

Apple Care
800-692-7753

Apple Customer Service
1-800-676-2775

Find all the Apple Stores near your home
http://www.apple.com/retail/

Apple PR
(408) 974-2042

Apple Software Upgrade Center (i'm sure they'll help you downgrade)
(888) 840-8433

Steve Jobs personal email adress
sjobs@apple.com

Scott Forstall (SVP iOS software)
sforstall@apple.com

Phil Schiller (SVP World Wide Product Marketing)
pschiller@apple.com

Now go get help,

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
I think he is just trying to "catch" Apple not doing what their user agreement says they will. He has broken English and I'm not surprised Apple just pushes him out of the way. OP, you're a small voice and we've told you what to do. Apple just pushed you away because you're probably hard to deal with on the phone and they don't want to deal with that. If you're going to keep saying Apple didn't do what you wish, go take a few Advil and lay down. Apple is fixing iOS 4.0 for the 3G so just sit and wait. Your statements bashing Apple are rather annoying. We've told you what to do and if you've done all you can do, just sit tight.

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
I called the apple store and was told there is no way to go back. And the apple employee giggled and thought it was funny. It goes against the apple agreement though. Doesn't suprise me because this is apple for you.

my friend the person that answers the phone at the Apple store is usually the least knowledgeable...make a genius appointment and go in person

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Oh so everybody knows how to do this ? And is the 3.1.3 offered by apple on an apple site or other third party source??? Hmmm according to apples agreement it says nothing about with the help of third party support to downgrade and needing recboot or whatever. Why does the downgrade always say error??? Can't apple fix this? Oh wait they don't support downgrading it just happens to work if you know what you're doing with a little third party research... Keep digging apple boy..

Im not digging, I just made the mistake of trying to help you and educate you a little thats all.
It wont happen again.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Im not digging, I just made the mistake of trying to help you and educate you a little thats all.
It wont happen again.

Juiced, I admire your willingness and courage to help the less fortunate only to get insulted. To that, I thank you and keep it up.

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Ok then I am wrong... All those 3G users should downgrade from 4.0 if they don't like it or it makes there 3G really slow.. I never realized it was as simple as calling going into an Apple store an they will get right on it and just give you a free phone vs making it available in iTunes to downgrade.. Sure it cost apple more this way but apple are very nice and want you to have a new phone... Sweet

Jayman34187

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Juiced, I admire your willingness and courage to help the less fortunate only to get insulted. To that, I thank you and keep it up.

Yes he is very nice for trying to help. I never asked for help if you can read :)

He works for apple and his johnto protect them even if they are in the wrong... The real hero is the guy who found the apple user agreement and posted it up as the user agreement says apple support downgrading your Phone..... Now it's you have to go to apple store to get your free phone lol suuurre...

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
So what you do if you dont like Apple, their practices, closed eco or any other reason is you dont buy any more of their products.
Move on instead of whining about it on an internet support forum cause you obviously know it wont make any difference.
But I guess some like you have nothing better to do but stirr drama and negativity. It makes them feel great :)

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
The real hero is the guy who found the apple user agreement and posted it up as the user agreement says apple support downgrading your Phone.

Even though he corrected his post to add that he misinterpreted the language of the license agreement the same way you did? It does not say in the SLA that Apple supports downgrading your phone. The language that he referenced referred to Apple's commitment to provide updates for iOS, not downgrades.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Even though he corrected his post to add that he misinterpreted the language of the license agreement the same way you did? It does not say in the SLA that Apple supports downgrading your phone. The language that he referenced referred to Apple's commitment to provide updates for iOS, not downgrades.

Oh no, Jayman34187 is wrong again?

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
It says back to original OS the phone came with... Hmmm lied much lately?

Oh wait you work for apple right? And nothing better to do than argue with customers. Sad sad

are you actually reading what's being posted???? go back and read the posts that have been referred to and you should understand what's being said....

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
It says back to original OS the phone came with... Hmmm lied much lately?

Oh wait you work for apple right? And nothing better to do than argue with customers. Sad sad

Lol :D
You know what they say about assumptions right?
You dont read, you assume what you hope it to be.
But thats how all your posts and threads are so Im not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.