Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

According to Apple's system status page, multiple store services are currently experiencing an outage. The App Store, Apple TV App Store, Mac App Store, iTunes in the Cloud, and the Volume Purchase Program are unavailable for some users.

The outage started just after 12:30 p.m., and we have also heard reports of problems with Apple Music and Apple News, though those are not service outages currently listed on the system status page.

icloudoutage.jpg

Apple is investigating the issue and will bring the services back online as soon as possible.

Update: Several more iCloud services are now experiencing issues, as seen on Apple's system status page.

Update 3:40: The App Stores and some Apple services are back online, but iCloud Backup, iCloud Drive, Mail Drop, Photos, and a few other service remain offline.

Article Link: Apple's App Stores, Some iCloud Services Experiencing Temporary Outage

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Ah that would be why I'm getting SPAMMED on my iPad "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later." I'm just trying to UPDATE an app. grrrrr.

Reactions: PizzaBoxStyle

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
inb4 the "It just works" posts ¬¬
So much for "It just works™" happy now? We got that one out......but i guess you were the first saying that ;)

Anywhoooooo Apple Music and Mac App Store not working here in italy.

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
I don't expect online services to be perfect, but this happens several times per year. When was the last time you've heard about Google having s system outage?

Google Sheets was out about a week ago. Drive and Gmail had a couple of outages in April. If you follow a 'news' site which is desperate for any news about Apple (especially news which incites lively commentary) then you're going to get a very skewed outlook on the world.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Updates, new apps, etc.... all down for a bit now...

In that case, Apple should send a notice of outage if its planned, or, do the updates while keeping the services up - a rolling update.

Updating their servers and knowingly affecting the end user, without notice is shoddy.

Reactions: LiveM

wall.e

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2014
I keep receiving the error messages from the App Store...sigh...no updates for me right now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.