Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
Yet another Apple profit-making ploy (as if they don't have enough cash already)...instead of giving their customers a real discount (real cash back in our pockets), they give us a certain amount of Apple Dollars (which equate to about 50% or less real dollars on their bottom line). So, customers are happy spending their $75 in Apple Dollars on accessories that cost Apple about $35.

Business 101 does not equate to a long lines at Apple tomorrow.

Bestbuy, on the other hand, gave me a $70 discount on an iPad Air during their Monday Elite pre-event.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
There are two sides to this supply/demand equation.
You obviously flunked Econ 101 and would likely go bankrupt if you became an entrepreneur.

Anyone want to buy a Surface?

When Apple spends millions (a drop in the bucket for them) to develop the 5C and it fails miserably, I guess not everybody wants an Apple device and/or the Apple execs who priced it failed Econ 101. Eh?

chadcb1000

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2013
Holiday Return Policy is until Jan 6th.

I bought a Retina MBP on the 11th, anybody know if they will somehow still give me the gift card? I know it's out of the 14 day window. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

The 14 day window is not in effect during the holidays. Everything after November 1st can be returned until January 6th

Tribbs

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
When Apple spends millions (a drop in the bucket for them) to develop the 5C and it fails miserably, I guess not everybody wants an Apple device and/or the Apple execs who priced it failed Econ 101. Eh?

By your "panzy" logic you should buy the 5C.

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
So you would have shopped there had Apple given you its usual 5% off (much less than other retailers) but because they increased it to 10-15% and made it a gift card which you can use for apps and content you are no longer interested? Your logic eludes me.

What's really happening here is that Apple knows their previous discount wasn't competitive and decided this was the most cost effective way to get into the same range as the other players (most of whom also have strings attached such as minimum purchase values, coupons, etc.).

I am always entertained by the posters on this board who seem to think they have input on how other spend or invest :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006

The premise is flawed.

What is your evidence that the 5C has "fail[ed] miserably"? Where are your numbers?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The problem with Black Friday and tech gear/most stuff on sale is that the scalpers are always going to get their hands on this stuff first. So Apple really is doing us a favor by just offering us gift cards to go along with the purchase. After all, they KNOW they have this issue considering every time a new iPhone or iPad is announced, these money hungry idiots line up just to resell.

As someone who has spent the cost of their iPad Mini in apps for the device, I don't mind a $50-100 gift card with a full priced purchase.

johnny5k

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2009
Oakland, CA
+1

I'd also like to know. I would at least be able to use an iTunes gift card. $75 at the apple store doesn't go very far...

This black Friday thing has been a huge fiasco for me. Tried to upgrade to a 32gb air for cheap so I returned my 16gb version. After a couple false starts I bought from staples but it is stuck processing and based on others experiences they may have sold more than they actually had in stock so who knows if I'll actually get it. I was hoping to have Apple as a backup in case that fell through but now that is a bust. Does anyone know if best buy is offering the $50 discount on the higher storage models? Sigh...

Yes, Best Buy is offering the discount on all capacities & w/4G. I got the 32GB iPad Air for $60 off, shipped free. Best deal I've seen anywhere.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Where do you get te 20% coupon?

The cashiers will be handing them out to guests. Check your local Target store to be sure when exactly that will begin for yours. :)

According to Target's ad, you will receive a coupon good for 20% off one future purchase December 1-7 if you spend at least $75 in one transaction on Friday--or, more specifically, "11/29/13 between 12:01 AM and store close or online between 11/29/13 at 2:00 AM CST and 11/30/13 at 1:59:59 AM CST."

Tribbs

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2013
Along with reports of scaled back production of the 5c (due to slow sales) there are reports like this.

So what!

"TrendForce estimates that the iPhone 5c will account for 24 percent of the total iPhones shipped during this quarter"

"TrendForce expects Apple to ship 46 million units of the iPhone in this quarter, resulting in a 2.2 percent year-over-year increase." [Emphasis mine.]

YOUR FIRED! :p

...and to all you Greedy lil shoppers out there...
http://youtu.be/RWsx1X8PV_A :cool:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.