Apples credibility is officially down the toilet.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JD914, Jul 16, 2010.

1. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Steve jobs did a poor job putting a spin of how little the antenna issue is affecting iPhone 4 owners. Who is actually buying the BS Steve Jobs droppd today? Does he really think his customers are that idiotic? Free bumpers is the solution to pacify dissatisfied customers?

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    SJ: we knew about this design flaw already, why did you think we made a bumper case. We just thought you'd all buy one and wouldn't notice the design flaw in the first place. No loss, bumpers only cost a few cents to make, so have one for free - the people who've already bought a bumper and won't bother to refund the cost will end up paying for the total cost of all free bumpers sent out.

Consumer: ...

3. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

It really isn't a problem to me. If it is that big of a deal to you, RETURN IT!

4. advan031 macrumors 6502

No, the clear resolution for dissatisfied customers is to return your iphone or don't buy one.

Your credibility just went down the toilet. Apple gave the consumers facts and optiosn so the ball is not on their court.

5. stohr macrumors member

If you are unhappy with your iPhone 4, return it.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

So what you're saying is, he's lying to shareholders and regulators about return rates from both Apple AND AT&T?

The accuracy of his data shouldn't be hard to verify. People just haven't bothered because you get more page views and digg-ups out of showing no bars, or linking to funny parody songs, and NOT by having to report that data SJ showed is valid.

I can only gather two comclusions from this:

1. There's really NOT a lot of people affected by this, or

2. People have forgotten that forums like these AREN'T official tech support for Apple, and if you want them to stand up and take notice, posting here isn't the place to do it.

7. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Really a problem I didn't know, why notnreturn it and get your money back

8. Psant macrumors regular

It's a non-issue. If you don't think it's enough compensation, then go buy a Captivate.

9. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

Who determines that their credibility is down the toilet? Is there like a commitee somewhere? I mean, I've seen posts over the past few days that say that the iPhone 4 is officially the worst product that Apple has made...I'd just like to know what officials are writing out these declarations.

10. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Well here's the thing, those truly dissatisfied will return their phones. And then maybe if everyone does that, we can see what percentage of people actually return their phone. Somehow I think it won't be far from Steve's statistics, although I'm certainly not saying that he isn't trying to put a spin on everything.

11. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

If you really believe that their credibility is now gone, I hope you feel free to sell all of your Apple stuff, and most importantly, LEAVE SITE NOW.

That is all.

Thanks.

12. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

I like how he said they spent 22 days testing, then the next thing he shows is a bunch of blackberries, samnsungs, etc. Maybe they should have been testing and working on their phone, because that's the phone people are complaining about.

13. BrendonHuff macrumors newbie

I'm returning mine for full refund. I can't back a company like this. Very cocky press conference. Very disappointed.

14. Corey213 macrumors member

two things I didn't like

I dont' like the data they gave. I call B.S. on that

also, I don't like how he just said, "To investors, you know, you invest in the company we are, so if the stock goes down $5... I don't think I owe them an apology."

That's harsh

sorry :apple:

15. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Out of the 3 million customers with the iPhone how many are complaining? I'd say at large maybe 500-1,000. That's a very miniscule amount of 3 million.

16. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

He admitted they screwed up and offered a solution. How does he lose credibility? Because on the first day, with only anecdotal information from youtube users, he didn't issue a recall on 2 million phones? Get a (death) grip. ;)

17. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Did you really expect a recall of three million iPhones? I guess you have no more reasons to post in these forums now huh?

18. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

Apparently a small, self-appointed percentage of the 3000 people browsing this forum that genuinely care about how Apple treats us and have no ulterior motives. :rolleyes:

19. Eluzion macrumors 6502

I thought it was a software issue? (sarcasm) Kind of funny how Apple flat out lied to the public. It's a design flaw. Sure other phones lose some reception but I have yet to see any that lose complete signal when gel wrong.

20. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

So you're saying that Steve proved the issue isn't unique to the iPhone, showed data that proved it wasn't nearly as big of an issue as its made out to be, AND offered you a FREE case, and you're still not happy?

Oh, that's right, YOU know more about how phones work than a company that invested MILLIONS into researching this issue, you've used all the phones they mentioned long enough to say the issue doesn't exist with them, you have access to the consumer data and can say the numbers they gave were skewed....?

NO.

They aren't just giving bumpers. They're giving a choice of case. Anything other than a bumper, I'm sure they're going to have to eat most if not all of the purchase price of the case...so its not lie it only costs them what it takes to manufacture a bumper

21. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Yeah, I'd say it's a lot more than .003% (1,000/3,000,000), dude.

22. falconeight Guest

falconeight

And they all post on this forum, work for google, or are gizmo do clones

23. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

If it's so bad return it and leave MacRumors, it's just that simple. All you're doing right now is crying on deaf ears.

24. broncopde macrumors 6502

This thread is another example of how there are very few out of so many that actually have a problem with everything that is going on.

25. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Jesus Christ I wish people would stop saying "if you are unhappy with your iPhone 4, return it" THAT ISN'T THE POINT, NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE.

The point is, as a CEO, he knowingly DECEIVED and MANIPULATED users, investors, and the stock by not mentioning this issue earlier. I'm almost 2 hours from the nearest Apple store right now. I waited in line for 11 hours. I wouldn't have done ANY of that had I known about these issues beforehand. Millions of us wouldn't, and Steve knows that...his 0.5% data isn't fooling anyone.

The issue isn't returning it for a refund, even if it wasn't DEFECTIVE I could have done that anyway.