Apple's Education Bundle With Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro Now Available Around the World

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 9, 2017.

1. macleoddee macrumors newbie

macleoddee

did your hear anything? I also ordered last week, have been charged but not received any codes.

2. JamonBull macrumors regular

JamonBull

Still waiting on codes. Paid last Friday. Some case manager guy at customer support is ringing me twice a day with updates. He tried to quicken the process up for me so I could get to work with these apps but no luck. Six days now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the codes.

3. emiaj macrumors regular

Same situation here in Spain :-(
    Made the order last Thursday, still no code received... Called the customer services and they couldn't figure it out either.

4. dajohancz macrumors newbie

Same here, ordered on Friday, already charged, but still waiting. I hoped I could get the codes today, but as I read the posts, it might take much longer than I thought.

5. emiaj macrumors regular

Just received my code. 1 day longer than the estimated date. Good luck!

6. dajohancz macrumors newbie

Great, there might be a chance to get the email by the end of the week :)

7. JReinn macrumors member

I've received my codes as well. Everything works great!

8. dajohancz macrumors newbie

When did you order the bundle?

9. kissmo macrumors 6502a

Yeah me too... finally. ordered it last Friday.

10. dajohancz macrumors newbie

Just got them too, they probably sent a bunch today.

11. Dati macrumors newbie

Is it possible to install the Apps on more than one Computer?
    The Apple Store Chat said, that this won't work.

12. dajohancz macrumors newbie

Didn't try, but it sounds weird, because you don't really have option how to "upgrade to full app" as it appears as already purchased in the Mac App Store, just like if you had bought it there.

13. blackdaxter macrumors newbie

Today I got the bill from Apple. Wondered where the codes are.
    But like an hour ago I got two mails. One with the pdf file with all the codes and the other mail with the security code for the pdf file. Got all my codes now. My internet connection will be exhausted after this <3

14. JamesPDX Suspended

JamesPDX

Here's my public services good deed for the day: http://www.avid.com/avid-for-education

Logic for music? You probably mean for EDM and Rap. Pro Tools is for recording and mixing actual instruments, not just for playing back pre-packaged loops. Logic is really great for that, especially the free content that is given. The code optimization (secret sauce?;)) is also pretty amazing because Logic X will run like a charm on a 2010 Mac Mini Core-2-Duo.

But really, Pro Tools is the industrial-grade audio editor. If you become super-adept at it, every other editor will feel more like a toy to you. But only if you're really adept. That's the key.

I would suggest the following to all you yoots: If you have a prolific workflow, that is you're able to write a lot of great music efficiently and quickly; no matter how "new" or "old" you system is, don't break a prolific workflow just to have the latest thing. (Save that $ for your watchband collection.)

If your just starting out and you intend on sticking with Apple, (or you can go with Pro Tools First -it's free.) use Logic (or hell, even Garageband) for your tracks, but edit and mix the actual audio (use .BWF format) in Pro Tools. You'll thank me later. Be sure to save an extra copy of your stems and masters without a bus limiter at 24/96. That's what the labels and mastering houses want. Plus, if Apple continues to make weaker and weaker machines, you can move your professional software to a PC. The Avid software interface is identical, so you can have one very thin Mac for social media, and you can have another machine for CPU-intensive audio work. (You can't cheat in pro audio with GPUs, that's why all these Mac Pro users are so pissed about the Mini's and thin-books, etc.)

The greatest MIDI software editor is still Opcode's Vision/Vision DSP/Studio Vision Pro. It's too bad that Gibson (now a lifestyle products company like Marshall) bought it and killed it before a lot of you could discover it.

Best of luck. Now get back to work, you! :D
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2017 ---
    Buy a copy of Carbon Copy Cloner that suits your OS: Burn an ISO to a Blu Ray for emergency restores.

15. triton100 macrumors 6502

Ha ha i see you have the whole condescending and smug personality trait down to a tee, I salute you sir

16. marstew73 macrumors newbie

marstew73

Wish I'd got them like that, got each code in a separate pdf in a separate email, then another 5 emails with the passwords. Very happy I purchased it, at that price it was a steal for just Final Cut never mind the rest.

17. kissmo macrumors 6502a

They appear under Purchased in AppStore.

Which means that any device that is signed in, with the Apple ID where you Redeemed the Codes, should be able to download the Bundle.
    It looks exactly as if you did buy a regular App, nothing special or limiting about it.

I do not know if the Family Sharing applies - but it normally should. I didn't get to check on my Wife's laptop yet.

18. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

I was lucky enough to do some recording at Doug Wimbish's studio last month. Setup was a Behringer X32 board into Logic Pro X. Also, if you're a Trace Elliott fan, this place would be your Taj Mahal, LOL.

19. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I called them up on Wednesday. They said it is strange I had not received the codes and escalated the matter. I then got them later that day. There are two separate emails. One with a pdf containing the codes, and another with a password to unlock the pdf.

20. AppleInLVX macrumors 65816

AppleInLVX

Teehee. That made me laugh. For the record, I've been using Logic for *years* and I have never once touched the loops. Real instruments and MIDI instruments mixed in (because I can't fit drums in here, nor an entire orchestra). I've never once wanted to go anywhere else. Logic is great.

21. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

How long does this deal last or is it indefinitely?

22. skitidetdu macrumors 6502

skitidetdu

Great! I'll be getting this to have both Logic and MainStage. The other apps is a nice addition even though I already use Adobe Premiere for film

23. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

anybody?

24. kissmo macrumors 6502a

I wish I could reply.

But from where I stand, this looks like Apple's strategy is to get this in hands of many people.
    I have no student ID and I do not plan to use it for commercial purpose. Nevertheless - I could purchase it.
    And there is nowhere on Apple Store where it shows it's a student license.
    The invoice mentions this but.....

My guess it will last a little longer with a pretty good chance to stay here for a healthy long period of time.

But You should not go for guesses...
    If you need the SW actually - go for it. Find means to get it as long as it provides you with help and value.

otherwise, well... otherwise it could be a gamble.

25. BB-8 macrumors newbie

BB-8

Do you get one code for all 5 apps, or are you provided with 5 codes, one for every app?

Curious as I'm a student who is into video editing, and my flatmate is studying audio engineering, so we're thinking about splitting it up and using the codes for our respective needs.