Apple's Education Bundle With Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro Now Available Around the World

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 9, 2017.

1. kissmo macrumors 6502a

One code for each app.
    So you have to redeem a few times :)

2. BB-8 macrumors newbie

BB-8

Thank you! :)

3. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

4. Fabian90 macrumors regular

Does anyone not need Motion and Compressor? I'm a student but I already have FCPX and Logic Pro X and just need the others. I know I can buy them separately but maybe someone does not need them and we can arrange a deal :)

5. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Does this bundle work on El capitan on a 2009 mac pro?

6. caldy315 macrumors member

I'd really only be looking for FCPX. Trying to figure out if you can use an App store/iTunes GC to purchase this...

7. Fabian90 macrumors regular

I think you just get codes to redeem for the Appstore which you could give to someone else if not needed.

8. caldy315 macrumors member

What’s the vetting process of verifying you’re a student? An .edu email address?

9. Fabian90 macrumors regular

10. Nabby macrumors regular

No, this isn't purchased via the App Store/iTunes. It's via their "normal" store. You would need Apple Store cards, not iTunes. I'm sure there's some corporate/tax reason they do this. Maybe because they don't discount Apple Store cards because then you'd get a discount on hardware as well...

Nabby
    --- Post Merged, Jan 1, 2018 ---
    Honesty is the verification process. This isn't just for college students to purchase. Among others, parents who are homeschooling kids can purchase. Teachers and staff and K-12 public or private as well.

Nabby

Sorry for 2 posts, back-to-back. I was never good at quoting multiple posts, and really not on a mobile device.

Edit: Hey look at that, the Internet was smart enough to merge them for me!!

11. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Friend ordered this on xmas day and is still waiting for codes. They called Apple support last Friday and were told they should have codes by the end of this week. Guess Apple hasn’t reduced the wait times people at the beginning of this thread were experiencing.