Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple's Extended One-Year AppleCare+ Option Available for All Devices, Works With Subscriptions

snyp1193

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Canada
The only way to know is to take it in and find out. That scuff shouldn’t be an issue and it probably won’t be but you might get an overzealous genius that thinks it is. From getting express replacements through AC+, via online, what they are looking for is cracked screens and high impact damage to the body that would suggest the device was treated with unusual carelessness.

Express replacements are the best part about AC+. You don’t have to deal with those overzealous genius who can’t reproduce your issue or complain that your battery is at 81% instead of the 80% for replacement. They will give you a new phone and won’t charge you as long as it’s not damaged, even if they can’t reproduce the issue.

Comment

aeromiss

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2020
Hi,
So I discovered yesterday that the only coverage apple offer needs to be purchased within 60 days after after not up to a year. Do you know if an other coverage exists for macbook? I got mine 11 months ago and my computer is not great. I need to make sure I can extend the warranty for 2 more years. thanks!

Comment

russell_314

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Hi,
So I discovered yesterday that the only coverage apple offer needs to be purchased within 60 days after after not up to a year. Do you know if an other coverage exists for macbook? I got mine 11 months ago and my computer is not great. I need to make sure I can extend the warranty for 2 more years. thanks!
I don't think you can get AC 11 months after buying. If there's something wrong with it send it in now while it's under warranty.

Comment

KittyKatta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
I’m curious what ever happened to this “extended AppleCare+ purchase” story. Was it made up?

All the tech sites posted it at the same time but when I tried buying it for a 3mo old AirPod and they said that its only 60 days. Did the big websites get tricked and never bothered correcting the story?

Last edited:
Reactions: russell_314
Comment

russell_314

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I’m curious what ever happened to this “extended AppleCare+ purchase” story. Was it made up?

It didnt mention it on the website and I called once asking about buying AC+ on a 3mo old AirPod and they said that its only 60 days.
I heard rumors that they were going to extend it but perhaps the current situation with stores closing changed that. I think the only way Apple could do it was to examine it in the store to test and verify everything was undamaged and working. If not people would get AppleCare after they cracked the screen on their phones or when an issue comes up. AppleCare is sort of like insurance so they don't want to sign you up after the accident :)

Comment

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
I heard rumors that they were going to extend it but perhaps the current situation with stores closing changed that. I think the only way Apple could do it was to examine it in the store to test and verify everything was undamaged and working. If not people would get AppleCare after they cracked the screen on their phones or when an issue comes up. AppleCare is sort of like insurance so they don't want to sign you up after the accident :)
It requires in store inspection. It cannot be done remotely. I was able to purchase AC+ 9 months after buying my iPhone.

• Wow
Reactions: russell_314
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.