Apple's 'Gather Round' Event Will Be Live Streamed on Twitter

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 11, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has confirmed that it will live stream its "Gather Round" event on Twitter, in addition to Apple.com as usual.

[​IMG]

Just to be clear, MacRumors has confirmed that Apple's promoted tweet refers to an actual live stream of the entire keynote on Twitter, likely complementing tweets and photos of highlights from the event. Twitter users can "like" the tweet to receive keynote-related updates from Apple on event day.

Wednesday will mark the first time Apple live streams an event on Twitter. Apple has been gradually expanding the ways that people can watch its live streams over the past few years, making them viewable in Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, in addition to its own Safari browser across Mac, iPad, and iPhone.

The keynote can also be live streamed via the Apple Events app on Apple TV. On the fourth-generation Apple TV and newer, the app is available from the tvOS App Store. On the second- and third-generation Apple TV, the app appears on the home screen automatically within close proximity of events.

Apple's keynote begins Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time at Steve Jobs Theater, situated on its Apple Park headquarters in Cupertino, California. MacRumors will be providing live coverage of the event beginning around 8:15 a.m. Pacific Time tomorrow, accompanied by live tweets via @MacRumorsLive.

Article Link: Apple's 'Gather Round' Event Will Be Live Streamed on Twitter

2. PilotWoo macrumors regular

Oh the irony, when Twitter have pulled their official Mac App.

3. recoil80 macrumors 68020

Good news. I'll miss the first part of the even while commuting so I'll get updates via Twitter.

4. dumoore macrumors member

They're really opening it up. Usually they only allow keynotes on apple's safari browser only, and on Apple.com only. The live stream coming to twitter is a big change in opening up.

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I love Twitter. I hate when it's used for things like this. I hate Twitter chats. I hate Twitter conferences. Frankly, I'd be happy going back to 140 characters!!

6. Fmello macrumors member

Fmello

Does anyone else think that Apple's "One More Thing" will be a round watch model to go with their rectangular models?

7. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Nope, not happening.

8. Sir Ruben macrumors 68000

Sir Ruben

No.

9. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

i know this is a mobile event (iphone, ipad, accessories...) but can the Mac Mini get some love? beating a dead horse i know... :(

10. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502a

No. Unless it’s a health only tracker. Having another UI would be pointless.

11. jacks64 macrumors member

jacks64

Nope!

12. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

I'll be watching...with credit card in hand. :)

13. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

anyone else wish they would go two generations between products?

maybe they would have more time to "innovate" rather than tout new colors as upgrades.

i mean hell, people spend their livelihoods getting the newest and greatest product every year, the endless cycle of consumerism is gross.

14. thebeans macrumors 6502

No. No one thinks that. Well, you do I guess. But no one else. Seriously.

15. TheMacDaddy1 macrumors regular

I wish, my Series 3 sits in a dresser draw as I type this. It was my first Apple watch got it at Christmas and I wore is for 6 months straight. That said I think it is fugly and I have moved back to analog watches, all of which are round. I thought I would miss all if stuff the watch did for me. Took maybe 3 days to go back to my old ways and honestly I feel better without that extra layer of non-critical notification constantly on my arm.

If and when they make a round one I will consider it.

16. Smartass macrumors 65816

Unbelievable. After all these years they finally decided to be normal, when it comes to streaming their events?

17. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

That will be nice in the event that I can't boot into MacOS or have my iPhone on me. Though like many I try to plan a long lunch around these events ;) .

What stellar innovation has come out in the past 3-4 years on any smartphone? The market is mature, we just get more Laptop, digital camera + other small electronic features bundled into phones as the technology continues to miniaturize and get more powerful.

18. now i see it macrumors 68040

Anyone notice that the requirements to stream the event now requires iOS 10?
    There's absolutely no reason for that except to lay on the pain. On well, that's 30,000,000 iOS devices that have now been blocked. Good job Apple!

19. nt5672 macrumors 68000

20. Chris The Bipolarbear macrumors regular

Chris The Bipolarbear

Its called lets make older products unsupported so they try to convince you you life will be lost without the latest gadget. Capitalism at work. If what you have works and dose everything you need, then don't get sucked in.

21. Nueve macrumors member

I'm 100% buying the new iPad, my mom took ownership of my 10'5 iPad Pro, she loves it. Hopefully there's a surprise Mac Mini launch in there.

22. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Can’t flog a dead horse.

23. PlainviewUVGF macrumors 6502a

PlainviewUVGF

Apple Pocketwatch.

[​IMG]

24. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

O
    One more thing is the iPhone 9/Xc/Xr or whatever they’ll call it.

25. Ofek macrumors newbie

Ofek