Apple's 'Gather Round' Event Will Be Live Streamed on Twitter

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 11, 2018.

1. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Every time I see that video/animation, it reminds me of the TouchID animation ... I think it's coming back :)

2. lunarworks macrumors 68000

There's about the same chance as a round iMac.

Samsung already releases phones twice a year. Apple's not going to cut their schedule.

3. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

Interesting. Trying to take some strain off their servers in the process as well..
    I wish they would have done this a few years ago when Apple servers couldn’t handle the load

4. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Tech is getting improved very quickly and even in a matter of 6 months some of the iPhone's hardware starts to seem old. They would have to introduce the world's biggest monster phone in order to survive 2 years without any refresh.

5. Chris The Bipolarbear macrumors regular

Chris The Bipolarbear

Like I said earlier If what you have dose what you need then don't upgrade just to get the latest tech.

6. omihek macrumors 6502

omihek

Emphasis on the "dead"

7. ozark_del macrumors newbie

"@Apple hasn't Tweeted"
    Their account on Twitter seems inactive
    How did you get this tweet?
    Does anyone know why I can't find this tweet anywhere on twitter except by following macrumors link?

8. Darmok N Jalad macrumors 68000

Darmok N Jalad

There’s no rule saying you have to buy every new model. Many Apple customers buy carefully and keep their products for the long haul. I’m still on a 6S and series 0. Both have served me faithfully and it will take pretty compelling products (or hardware failure) to upgrade.

Why not sell your AW if you aren’t going to wear it? I like the convenience of the AW. I never have my phone (or watch) on audible alerts, and I like being able to set my phone down when I get home from work and walk away from it. If an urgent matter or phone call comes in, my watch let’s me know. I get how they may not be for everyone though.

9. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Lmao I thought I was the only one!

It seems like no one is talking about the fact that Apple tweets, but they don’t even show up on their feed.

10. Tozovac macrumors 65816

Tozovac

Agree. Square/rectangular is a much better use of space. Except when you're Jony Ive and feel the need to force reinvention into iOS and go circle-crazy. Still amazed that circular contacts/avatars are still the norm.

Anyone recall whether Macrumors' avatars were always circular?

11. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I'll stick with Safari on apple.com. I'm excited! I hope the AW4 pre-orders aren't next Friday, I'd even take this Friday.

12. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Ok this is definitely a new feature. I’ve never seen a company do this before where you can “Like” something and then receive an auto reply.

13. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

One more thing ...

The Beatles are on itunes!

14. joueboy macrumors 68000

That would be funny if Tim Cook would just say " One More Thing..." then get off the stage and call somebody to introduce it. Apple should leave One More Thing now and just introduce everything they can and end the event with music and Tim will just say "Thank you for coming!". I don't even think Tim Cook would be needed on stage anymore he just calling people anyway that pretty much it.

15. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Oooooo aaaahhhhh ooooohhhhhh - a new phone and a new watch - that look like the old phone and old watch.... hard to be a fan boy these days. I mean seriously: these spectical events are getting old - especially given there has not been a 'surprise' in years. Have the fan fare for something amazing... yawn.

16. Black Magic macrumors 68020

Black Magic

No. Yearly cycles are just fine. I would imagine folks update their phones on a 2 year cadence so while some may upgrade this year, others will be waiting until next year. They are innovating just fine in my opinion as I don't think folks like you truly understand the term. If you owned your own business, I think you would see how hard it is to innovate every year or so. It's just not realistic and you can't name one company in the world that innovates every other year or every 10 years. Go ahead and try, I'll wait.....

17. ozark_del, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018

ozark_del macrumors newbie

Please if someone know this magic, share

18. mainevent1536 macrumors member

mainevent1536

It's a promoted (aka paid for) tweet, that's why it doesn't appear on their timeline.

Basically the ads Twitter is famous for

19. ozark_del macrumors newbie

interesting

thx

20. FelixDerKater macrumors 68030

FelixDerKater

This never gets old. I remember the little postage stamp-sized QuickTime streams.

21. Commentist macrumors member

Commentist

Make the icons larger as they near the centre and expand to fill the screen as you select them, and you could be on to something... They could spin as you rotated the watch...

22. ozark_del macrumors newbie

well I doubt it know
    @Apple just sent me a reply telling me "thanks for the like" see you tomorrow etc.
    But this tweet is not showing on their account neither
    It keeps saying Apple no tweets
    How do you explain that?

23. bluecoast macrumors 65816

24. Boatboy24 macrumors 6502a

25. Joined:
    Sep 8, 2016
    Obviously, that isn't the case.

Else, how would potential Windows, Android, and Linux Switchers, not to mention the Apple users who do NOT use Safari, see it?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 11, 2018 ---
    And of course, if it's right for you, then it should be right for everyone, right?