Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazymac

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2003
Northern California
I have Gmail set up to send iCloud email addresses via iCloud STMP. Now when sending an email it says "The response from the remote server was: 550 5.1.1 Mailbox does not exist". Not good!!

Reactions: arkitect

MasterControlProgram

macrumors regular
May 5, 2022
So we’ve had App Store, iCloud and Apple Music outages so far in the last week or so. Seems unusual to be happening so frequently, I wonder if they’re doing server updates and aren’t bothering to notify people the service will be down?

immortalwind

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2017
I got an email in my hotmail that someone logged in with my Apple ID in a new device (wasn't me). But I don't see any foreign device in icloud.com and I have 2FA.

Happened to anyone else?

Reactions: Stenik

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, it's a fair concern, every once in a while something will go down for a bit. Pretty much my entire life is through iCloud though and I don't feel inconvenienced by outages much at all...they are rare enough for me. Certainly not mail. Every once in a while a few emails will come in late, but I haven't had that problem in over a year and it is not frequent. I actually don't even remember the last time an outage like today occurred with mail, if ever.

Their infrastructure, for my uses at least, has been solid.

The two things I do avoid, though, are using advanced data protection, and private relay. ADP for me added hoops to jump through to get logged into icloud.com, and it made a random iCloud security notification pop up on my phone that I couldn't make go away. Private relay made some websites not load. Other than that though it's been solid.
Yeah, I had to turn off Private Relay because it keeps flagging me as a bot with CloudFlare and I’d have to do Captchas to view basically any website. I couldn’t work out what was happening for ages and then finally realised that that was the only thing I had changed recently. Turned it off and the internet works again.

Reactions: ersan191 and BLtheP

dustin_

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2021
Banderas Bay, Mexico
First noticed the issue when I couldn't send mail a little after 1:30pm today - checked Apple's System Status page & it claimed all was well; then I come back from lunch & see this post. Hope it's back up soon.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Oh no…. This can only mean one thing… AVP is uploading peoples brains and icloud cannot cope… its full to capacity
1569021269970-gif.2343129

Loosing resolution. Need more power!

Attachments

• 1569021269970.gif
    1569021269970.gif
    9.9 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Reactions: Fuzzball84

AJ Mac25

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2017
Columbus, OH

Some of Apple's iCloud services are down at the current time, with the iCloud.com website non-functional and iCloud Mail failing to load. There are multiple reports on Twitter and other social networks, and Apple's System Status page says that some iCloud Mail users may not be able to send, receive, or access their messages.

icloud-down.jpg

Apple's System Status page also lists an issue with iCloud web apps, and says that some users are unable to log in to iCloud.com.

We'll update this article when the issue has been resolved and Apple's iCloud services are working.

Article Link: Apple's iCloud Services Experiencing Outage
Every time I think of ditching Gmail and using only iCloud….

Reactions: Stenik

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Damn I thought I was alone in this issue until just now. I appreciate you mentioning it.
Just to be clear, my iCloud Mail account is less than a week old so I haven't experienced it myself, it's just something I've read about. What sort of emails have you been missing? Is there any discernible pattern that you can see (from a certain provider, from new contacts, attachments, etc)?

macintologist

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2004
This is actually really bad because email is how people receive security login tokens and other 2FA stuff. Yeah, email being down is actually a pretty big deal. I know nobody does corporate email on iCloud but its a huge deal for it to be down.

tobybrut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2010
This appears to also be manifesting in Apple demanding us to verify our iCloud passwords over and over again and failing to authenticate. I was just browsing the web not going anywhere near an Apple site and the maddening dialog kept popping up, so I came here to check if there was something wrong. I guess there is.

Frank_Booth

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2016

Some of Apple's iCloud services are down at the current time, with the iCloud.com website non-functional and iCloud Mail failing to load. There are multiple reports on Twitter and other social networks, and Apple's System Status page says that some iCloud Mail users may not be able to send, receive, or access their messages.

icloud-down.jpg

Apple's System Status page also lists an issue with iCloud web apps, and says that some users are unable to log in to iCloud.com.

We'll update this article when the issue has been resolved and Apple's iCloud services are working.

Article Link: Apple's iCloud Services Experiencing Outage
Breaking — Tim tripped over the power cord for the Performa 5200 serving as the mail server. Should be back up after reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.