Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bookofxero

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2017
I've been distributing software since long before the App Store existed. I very much know how it used to work and how it works right now, and no business I've ever worked at has ever paid 30% of gross revenue to anyone. Even now we don't pay, because we refuse to use in app purchase.

We prefer to make our app significantly worse by forcing users to already create an account (on our website) before they download the app. If they download without having already signed up, they can't use the app and won't be given any information about how to sign up (because that's against the rules).

As for "access to 1.3B users"... our website is available to anyone via a google search. That's 4.3B users. We have no problems finding new users without paying a cent. And no customer has ever complained or hesitated to pay us directly.
Your statement on "no business" is ridiculously disingenuous and objectively at odd with... well... reality.

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2016
It is their store. The same can be said about any other type of store that refuses to carry items that convey a message or support ideas that are counter to their values (or any number of reasons). They are not the government and are free to choose which speech they support and, to my point, that which they choose to not support.
And it’s with our rights to destroy their store for doing so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.