Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's upcoming iPhone-centric event could perhaps be held on Tuesday, October 13, according to information shared with MacRumors by an employee at a UK cellular carrier.

DelayediPhoneCalendarFeature.jpg

There's no way for us to confirm the dates at this point in time nor are we sure on the credibility of the source, but even without a rumor, Tuesday, October 13 is a good guess based on Apple's historic launch timelines, preference for Tuesday launches, and penchant for holding events during the second week of the month.

The employee claimed that Apple would accept pre-orders directly after the event and launch the new iPhones on October 16, but that would be an unusually short time between the event and the launch date. It's quite possible that the source is confusing the pre-order and launch date timelines, with pre-orders actually set to happen on the 16th. If that's the case, a launch would logically follow on October 23, and that's what other sources have suggested.

The October 13 date has also been shared by AppleInsider in a report sourcing information from a Dutch mobile operator, and Jon Prosser, a leaker with a mixed track record when it comes to Apple's plans, also claims the event will take place on October 13 followed by pre-orders on the 16th and a launch on the 23rd.

If there is an October 13 event followed by an October 23 launch, we may not see all of the new iPhone 12 models at the same time. Rumors have suggested that we should expect a staggered launch with some iPhone models coming out in October and others coming out at a later date, perhaps in November.

It's likely that the 5.4 and 6.1-inch low-cost iPhones will be available first in October, followed by the Pro models at a later date due to supply and production constraints. There's some confusion over this point, however, as DigiTimes has suggested Apple could release the two 6.1-inch iPhone models (one low-cost and one Pro) ahead of the 5.4-inch iPhone 12 "mini," as it is rumored to be called, and the 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max.

iphone12dummylineup.jpg

With the prospective October 13 date less than three weeks away, we could be seeing event information and invites from Apple within the next week or so.

It's worth noting that Amazon's Prime Day is rumored to be on Tuesday, October 13, which would be a notable conflict, so there's still a possibility that the October 13 Apple event date is inaccurate.

Article Link: Apple's iPhone 12 Event Could Happen on October 13 Based on Rumors From Mobile Operators

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
It's worth noting that Amazon's Prime Day is rumored to be on Tuesday, October 13, which would be a notable conflict, so there's still a possibility that the October 13 Apple event date is inaccurate.
Apple does not care about prime day. They’ve announced events during Samsung press releases, they’ve held events on the same day as other tech companies, they absolutely do not care about prime day. They will not reschedule their event just because of Amazon sales.
that’s just silly

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Better be fast with those preorder fingers. Just look at the Apple Watch which I would argue isn’t as popular. Even the Watch has a delivery window at the beginning of NOVEMBER now and the new iPad Air still does not even have a date!

gimme that dark blue iPhone 12 Pro Max matching my Apple Watch ??

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I’ve been saying this.
iPad Air: orders on October 6.
iPhone event: October 13
Pre-orders for iPhone 12 mini and 12: October 16
Release: October 23

Quarterly earnings call: October 27
ARM Mac Event: November 10
iPhone 12 pro and 12 pro max pre-orders: November 13
Release: November 20
This is what Jon Prosser says also (at least the bolded part). Sounds right. So a month to go until we can actually have them.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: xpxp2002 and rafark

Metrosey

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2019
Waiting for a new phone since my 7+ got the phone call bug (where you cannot hear or speak during a call), along with 78 percent battery life and charging problems.

Reactions: rdy0329 and rjp1

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Wow their supply chain is very stretched indeed then. Unless it's like an 'order today' thing.

Ah the good ol days when Apple almost always launched products available today.

I dont think Apple would (re-) schedule an event depending on wether it collides with “Prime day” or not, which last time I checked is not an official holiday but an arbitrary private sale...

It’s a clearance sale. The first one was so hyped it made sense for companies to avoid it else they might get their voice lost in all the excitement. These days Prime Day and Apple Events have a little less consumer overlap.

Reactions: Spock1234

Metrosey

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2019
My wallet, and body, are ready!

Now to decide which size. I always go with the Max/Plus. But how much larger the 12 Max will be compared to my XSMax (entire body size, not screen) will have me either going up or down, but definitely the Pros.

I expect bezels are getting smaller and therefore, the .2 inches won't be visible.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
My wallet, and body, are ready!

Now to decide which size. I always go with the Max/Plus. But how much larger the 12 Max will be compared to my XSMax (entire body size, not screen) will have me either going up or down, but definitely the Pros.
I've always gone for the Plus/Max when available, but I may switch it up this year. It will probably be a shorter cycle between the 12 and 13 (~11 months), so I may have some fun for a year and try out the 12 mini. One thing that would bug me would be accepting a downgraded / inferior camera system, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.