Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

One Bad Duck

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2005
A production delay means home button in the screen!!! If they decided home button on the back they could do that easy and the production would be on time..

Reactions: jezbd1997

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
whatever...I'm in the market for another phone thanks to iphone 7 plus buzzer. Either note8 or this....whoever brings it out first wins! MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!! "Finish him/her/it."

Reactions: Oldfash33

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
In-display TouchID is obviously not gonna happen. I can't wait for the most adavance facial recognition developed by Apple.:rolleyes:

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Jun 18, 2014
maybe a digital crown on the side that's big enough for a touch ID at the center of the crown. i would want it even though it's never going to happen (maybe).

Reactions: snebes

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
maybe a digital crown on the side that's big enough for a touch ID at the center of the crown. i would want it even though it's never going to happen (maybe).
Invest in this rumor!! I love the idea of a digital crown. That will blow peoples minds.

intofx

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
No touch id will make it a deal breaker for me at launch. I'd need to confirm facial recognition works in real world lighting conditions. I won't buy it at all if the screen needs to go to full bright to work in low light situations.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Feels like Apple is spreading false rumors on purpose this time around, just to throw of everyone. There's so much conflicting information.

Reactions: Demo Kit

SpectatorHere

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
I'm set to buy it, but I think I'd pass if there isn't touch id. Before getting my 6s I figured it was a gimmick (as I largely find Siri to be...although that was far more true years ago when they released it in beta), but touch id is really useful...especially for getting into apps with pw's.

...Honestly, if this was designed with touch-id in the display, I'd think they'd delay release before they'd put it out without it functional.

Reactions: BulkSlash

SpectatorHere

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Wishing to see a flat metal frame that was used on iPhone 4S, I hated the curved aluminum frame so much...
I don't care for it either. The 6 - 7 are just so bland and boring to me, I'm hoping the leaks to date are fakes. Ultimately it's a phone, I put it in a case, so it's not a deal breaker. The iphone 4 is still the best looking phone anyone's made imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.