Apple's Jan 27 Media Event - Spoiler-Free Thread

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by FSMBP, Jan 18, 2010.

1. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

2. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Yeah! Spoiler free veteran, and I can't wait for this event! I thought Mac Rumors usually did one, but maybe they won't this event... If you just get the live updates it takes the fun out of it and seeing Steve announce the new Apple wonder product. So who will step up and go to the website and post the link here?

King Mook Mook

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I think we need the mod team or Arn to post an announcement of this thread for those who want the QuickTime video instead of a typed event

4. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Last time, I started the Spoiler-Free event and we got a couple members who volunteered to post the stream.

We got time to sort it out ;)

5. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

6. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Thank you, sir.

7. tmisker macrumors newbie

Yay!
    This thread is the most fun thread to be around an Apple event.

This is my third year that I'm spoiler free.

Well, completely spoiler free is impossible, because all the news sites write something about this Apple event. Even on the radio I heard something about the rumors.

8. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I think this is my 5th or 6th. I always find this a lot better than hearing everything before I watch the Keynote - I like surprises.

I've pretty much shut up Google News or any tech site til the event - I know it's sad but I don't like to be spoiled!!

9. johnnyi macrumors regular

I am very excited its my birthday this day !! and its my 18th so its not like any normal birthday its a milestone.

Jonathan

10. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Not a prob.

11. bristleworm macrumors 6502

bristleworm

Here we go again :) I love these threads.
    Thanks for creating it and for being brave and supplying the direct link!

12. arsonata macrumors newbie

Anticipation

I don't think I've ever been this excited for an Apple event. For the past six years or so they have been my new Christmas. Without a spoiler-free link it feels like finding all your gifts unwrapped under the tree on Christmas morning. So thank you Santa for this spoiler-free thread!

:apple:

13. todd412 macrumors newbie

I think it's very exciting that Steve Jobs has held this project back for so many years and has finally deemed it worhty.

Thanks for starting the spoiler-free forum. I can't think of something I'd rather hear straight from the horse's mouth!

14. pyramis macrumors member

[palms and nose pressed to the dark glass] Open open open open.

15. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

FSMBP you legend! Its all about the spoiler free goodness, it's so worth the rumor buildup. The tablet bandwagon is being jumped on with diligence for once.

16. swim4life9 macrumors regular

swim4life9

there are plenty of people that do it... im pretty sure that voidness will... ill check with him

thanks!

ya ive been doing it since mwsf08 and its tough but somehow ive managed to stay almost completely spoiler free for each event since then

thanks for starting it!

17. Casiotone macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

I love being Spoiler-Free! It reminds me of the days where I would watch the keynote live on my PowerMac 6100 :)

I can't wait, I feel like sleeping over the next 3 days!

18. CBlakeston macrumors 6502

I can't wait. Lets hope no jerk spoils the fun by posting spoilers in the thread - or jokes relating to what was announced or cryptic hints because they think its funny - like the last few times :(

19. Apollo21 macrumors member

Apollo21

Just an FYI: You can also follow thekeynotes on Twitter. Basically all they post is links to Apple keynotes. I have Twitter set to text my phone when they post something :)

20. laxlaxlax macrumors newbie

21. Casiotone macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

Most of us already know, but the problem is that once the keynote is up, this page may contain spoilers (It could contain a picture of Steve Jobs holding the tablet for example).

What we want is a direct link to the keynote video so that we can experience the same thing as the people that saw the keynote live :)

22. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Waiting for the keynote video to be posted is one of the most enjoyable things I've done with the MacRumors community. Granted, it took 7 hours before Apple posted it last time... but watching it without any indication as to what was going to happen made it sooo much more enjoyable.

Now if I can just avoid pretty much all the news out there... :rolleyes:

23. laxlaxlax macrumors newbie

didn't think about the image on the page. might just stick to this thread then. thanks.

24. katanna macrumors 6502

katanna

I, along with many others, are Spoiler Free Veterans! I can't wait to be surprised!

Matthew

25. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

This time I really really really want to watch the keynote without any spoilers.

If it were the past, this would be my schedule on Wednesday:

9:30am Chemistry lab starts
    10:00am keynote starts
    12:20pm Chemistry lab over
    12:20:01pm checking Apple.com on my iPhone

BUT NO! I MUST FIGHT THE URGE! This time I will definitely wait until the keynote stream goes online... I hope.