Yeah! Spoiler free veteran, and I can't wait for this event! I thought Mac Rumors usually did one, but maybe they won't this event... If you just get the live updates it takes the fun out of it and seeing Steve announce the new Apple wonder product. So who will step up and go to the website and post the link here?

King Mook Mook

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
I think we need the mod team or Arn to post an announcement of this thread for those who want the QuickTime video instead of a typed event

Last time, I started the Spoiler-Free event and we got a couple members who volunteered to post the stream.

We got time to sort it out ;)

tmisker

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
The Netherlands
Yay!
This thread is the most fun thread to be around an Apple event.

This is my third year that I'm spoiler free.

Well, completely spoiler free is impossible, because all the news sites write something about this Apple event. Even on the radio I heard something about the rumors.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Yay!

Well, completely spoiler free is impossible, because all the news sites write something about this Apple event. Even on the radio I heard something about the rumors.

I think this is my 5th or 6th. I always find this a lot better than hearing everything before I watch the Keynote - I like surprises.

I've pretty much shut up Google News or any tech site til the event - I know it's sad but I don't like to be spoiled!!

johnnyi

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Glasgow,UK
I am very excited its my birthday this day !! and its my 18th so its not like any normal birthday its a milestone.

Jonathan

arsonata

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2006
Goleta, CA
Anticipation

I don't think I've ever been this excited for an Apple event. For the past six years or so they have been my new Christmas. Without a spoiler-free link it feels like finding all your gifts unwrapped under the tree on Christmas morning. So thank you Santa for this spoiler-free thread!

:apple:

todd412

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2010
Southern California
I think it's very exciting that Steve Jobs has held this project back for so many years and has finally deemed it worhty.

Thanks for starting the spoiler-free forum. I can't think of something I'd rather hear straight from the horse's mouth!

MinorBidoh

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
uk
FSMBP you legend! Its all about the spoiler free goodness, it's so worth the rumor buildup. The tablet bandwagon is being jumped on with diligence for once.

swim4life9

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
IL
I think we need the mod team or Arn to post an announcement of this thread for those who want the QuickTime video instead of a typed event

there are plenty of people that do it... im pretty sure that voidness will... ill check with him

I'll post the link.

thanks!

Yay!

ya ive been doing it since mwsf08 and its tough but somehow ive managed to stay almost completely spoiler free for each event since then

Hey guys,

I started the Spoiler-free thread for last years iPod event. Incase an official "Spoiler-free" thread doesn't show up again, this is the Spoiler-free Jan. 27 event Thread.

This thread will update next Wednesday with the Quicktime stream to the Event (after one of our fellow users volunteers ;) ).

Bookmark this page if you want to stay Spoiler free from now til next Wednesday.

thanks for starting it!

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
I love being Spoiler-Free! It reminds me of the days where I would watch the keynote live on my PowerMac 6100 :)

I can't wait, I feel like sleeping over the next 3 days!

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I can't wait. Lets hope no jerk spoils the fun by posting spoilers in the thread - or jokes relating to what was announced or cryptic hints because they think its funny - like the last few times :(

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
don't know if you guys already knew about this or not but the link below always redirects to the stream of the latest apple keynote...

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/

Most of us already know, but the problem is that once the keynote is up, this page may contain spoilers (It could contain a picture of Steve Jobs holding the tablet for example).

What we want is a direct link to the keynote video so that we can experience the same thing as the people that saw the keynote live :)

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
Waiting for the keynote video to be posted is one of the most enjoyable things I've done with the MacRumors community. Granted, it took 7 hours before Apple posted it last time... but watching it without any indication as to what was going to happen made it sooo much more enjoyable.

Now if I can just avoid pretty much all the news out there... :rolleyes:

laxlaxlax

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
Most of us already know, but the problem is that once the keynote is up, this page may contain spoilers (It could contain a picture of Steve Jobs holding the tablet for example).

What we want is a direct link to the keynote video so that we can experience the same thing as the people that saw the keynote live :)

didn't think about the image on the page. might just stick to this thread then. thanks.

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
I, along with many others, are Spoiler Free Veterans! I can't wait to be surprised!

Matthew

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Bay Area, CA
This time I really really really want to watch the keynote without any spoilers.

If it were the past, this would be my schedule on Wednesday:

9:30am Chemistry lab starts
10:00am keynote starts
12:20pm Chemistry lab over
12:20:01pm checking Apple.com on my iPhone

BUT NO! I MUST FIGHT THE URGE! This time I will definitely wait until the keynote stream goes online... I hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.