Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ipadwatchiphone.jpg

Re/code reports that the much anticipated Apple Media event will actually fall during the week of March 21st, not on March 15th, as originally rumored.
Or to put it another way, it’s not going to be on March 15, the time frame that other outlets previously reported, according to several sources. It is not clear if the event was moved or if this was the same timing as Apple had always planned.
Curiously, the delayed date was first floated by Korean site Underkg earlier this week.
The event, previously known to take place in March 15th, is pushed back a week to March 22nd if our source is correct. Apple allegedly have sent notifications to leave the schedule available from the 21st to 23rd, making us guess that the event will occur a week after the original known date.
The date change had been largely ignored at the time due to the unproven source of the rumor, but it appears that Re/code has confirmed the new date according to "several sources".

Besides the 4-inch iPhone SE, Apple is also expected to introduce a new 9.7" iPad (possibly dubbed as the iPad Pro), and new Apple Watch bands.

Update: According to BuzzFeed's John Paczkowski, Apple's media event will take place on Monday, March 21, likely at Apple's Town Hall in Cupertino. The event will be held one day before Apple is scheduled to stand off against the FBI in court.

Article Link: Apple's Media Event to Be Held March 21, Not March 15

Last edited:
Reactions: Mattlike

mike2413088

Suspended
Jun 2, 2015
New York, USA
So another iPad also dubbed as the iPad pro and also 9.7"?

Customer One: "Well I have the iPad Air 2, what do you have?"

Customer Two: "The iPad Pro."

Customer One: "But it looks exactly the same as mine, what's the difference?"

Customer Two: "You can purchase a $100 Apple Pen to use with it, and it costs $200 more than yours."

Oblivious.Robot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Do we have any more info on Watch 2? Also, is no redesign confirmed?

Was planning to buy one, but wanted to wait out just to make sure that they don't announce it this keynote.
As long as it's not a redesign and just a S version of the watch, I thought I'd get one now, and use it till it's redesigned.

Side note - Withings watch broke.

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013

Customer Two: "You can purchase a $100 Apple Pen to use with it, and it costs $200 more than yours."

Best. Comment. Ever.

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014

Was planning to buy one, but wanted to wait out just to make sure that they don't announce it this keynote.
As long as it's not a redesign and just a S version of the watch, I thought I'd get one now, and use it till it's redesigned.

I think the current rumor regarding the next Apple Watch is that it will *not* be announced at this event, but rather in the fall alongside the new iPhones.

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007

Silly. It'll be called "The New iPad Pro"...

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.

1) If the "S" edition is released in the fall, do you think we have ~1 year until a redesign?

2) How do you like your Withings? I was planning on getting one, until they redesign the Apple watch (not a fan of how it looks, at all).
[doublepost=1456607454][/doublepost]
It's incredible how apple is doing everything wrong with the iPad. they lost it after the iPad 2.

They're not doing things wrong, they're doing things apple-like. They chose what they wanted the tablet to be a long time ago. If it wasn't clear at launch, then it was clear 3 years later when the interface was still equivalent to a giant iPod Touch.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
I think the current rumor regarding the next Apple Watch is that it will *not* be announced at this event, but rather in the fall alongside the new iPhones.

Waiting 18 months after the Watch was unveiled, and offering nothing new but some watch bands seems like a poor decision. If someone hasn't bought an Watch by now, they are unlikely to just because it now comes with a new bright yellow band from Apple's Spring collection.

Releasing both a new phone and a new watch is going to tax customers pocketbooks for the holidays, especially if there are any other new products like TVs, and iPads as there were last year. Then again, maybe Apple will start offering 0% financing with Apple Care + on all their products and customers will be able to justify spending all that money at once broken up into monthly payments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.