Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
My main problem with it is this, I have some very nice Audio Technica headphones that I got a couple of years ago. They are great. Of course I can use the dongle. My main problem is being able to charge and listen at the same time. I do this very frequently. I lie in bed many nights when I can't sleep and listen. It's nice to not have to worry about battery life after a long day of using my phone. I can just plug in to charge and listen. That being said, it's not going to stop me from purchasing the 7.

I think a lot of the issue with the removal is they are really limiting third party companies. Think about the Square company who uses the headphone jack for their device. Now they have to develop a new device, unless they want to use the dongle. Also, you have companies that use the headphone jack as sort of an Aux In, like guitar accessories.

I hear what you're saying, but whatever the issues, there is/will be a solution. In your situation:
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MNN62/iphone-lightning-dock-black?fnode=42

Annoying for the extra cash outlay, but ultimately, if you can afford a new iPhone not a deal breaker.

genshi

macrumors 6502a
Same here, I'm with sprint and so it does say we will get an email when it's ready to process I guess it is what it is..... Now I did try to instantly go back and it said there was an error with my phone number and passcode, so perhaps it DID reserve me one. Time will tell I guess.

I finally got the email to complete the order. Went through every step of the process, put my number in, billing zip, last 4 of Social... it let me choose my AT&T Next Planned, contacted them and confirmed... and the last step was to press continue to finally complete the order... and it went to a "Page Not Found"! WTF!?

So I did it again, and same exact thing happened. I tried it a third time and now it says "Too many attempts have been made " and I've now been blocked from completing the order! Trying to call 1-800MY-APPLE support, and their system hangs up on me after saying "we're too busy to handle any more calls."

This is f*cking stupid! I've had just about every iPhone since the first one (with the exception of the last iPhone 6S) and have never experienced this at all ever!

Last edited:

TheSuperE

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Portland, OR
I finally got the email to complete the order. Went through every step of the process, put my number in, billing zip, last 4 of Social... it let me choose my AT&T Next Planned, contacted them and confirmed... and the last step was to press continue to finally complete the order... and it went to a "Page Not Found"! WTF!?

So I did it again, and same exact thing happened. I tried it a third time and now it says "Too many attempts have been made " and I've now been blocked from completing the order! Trying to call 1-800MY-APPLE support, and their system hangs up on me after saying "we're too busy to handle any more calls."

This is f*cking stupid! I've had just about every iPhone since the first one (with the exception of the last iPhone 6S) and have never experienced this at all ever!

YEAH so similar situation here. I got the page that said "Reservation.. blah blah blah". Didn't get an email, the reservation number did not work... SO i was in panic mode. Went back into the system reordered them and of course my launch day Jet Black went to NOVEMBER (fantasticcccc) Then I wake up this morning to a reservation email for the order i made and tried to go and accept it... Canceled... total BS

genshi

macrumors 6502a
YEAH so similar situation here. I got the page that said "Reservation.. blah blah blah". Didn't get an email, the reservation number did not work... SO i was in panic mode. Went back into the system reordered them and of course my launch day Jet Black went to NOVEMBER (fantasticcccc) Then I wake up this morning to a reservation email for the order i made and tried to go and accept it... Canceled... total BS

Maybe they hate us here in Portland?

But seriously, you should try one more time... I just did after waiting an hour for the "block" to be released, and this time it all went through and I got my confirmed order number and ship date of September 27th for the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB in Black (exactly what I wanted!) So there is hope...

Reactions: TheSuperE

TheSuperE

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Portland, OR

But seriously, you should try one more time... I just did after waiting an hour for the "block" to be released, and this time it all went through and I got my confirmed order number and ship date of September 27th for the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB in Black (exactly what I wanted!) So there is hope...

I would hope I don't have to do more, simply get my order taken care of quicker instead of giving someone today looking more priority than someone like me (or you) that waiting up all damn night. amiright?

I just checked BTW it still says November... it COULD be Sprint, the CDMA always seems to get the shaft on these releases.

BassMaster

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
When it says: "Delivers: Sep 16 by Standard Shipping" does it mean I will get my phone on the 16th, OR they will only ship on the 16th?

TheSuperE

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Portland, OR

Cancelled the Jet black 128gb on Sprint and ordered the matte black 128gb... Getting it a month sooner, seems like a smart choice. I REALLY want the Jet black. I think I will definitely do it for the 10th anniversary phone. See ya around the PDX.

Reactions: genshi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.