Apple's Revamped Mac Pro to Launch in December

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's new high-end modular Mac Pro is set to be released in December, according to a new report from Bloomberg.

The launch timing of the Mac Pro was shared in a report on the new 16-inch MacBook Pro, which is set to come out as soon as tomorrow.

Apple unveiled the new 2019 Mac Pro in June at its Worldwide Developers Conference, but since then has not provided any details on its prospective release date.

A December launch would be in line with the launch of the 2013 Mac Pro, which came out on December 18, and the 2017 iMac Pro, which came out on December 14.

The new Mac Pro is a designed for Apple's pro user base with a heavy focus on upgradeability and expansion. It features a traditional PC shape, but with an Apple-esque stainless steel frame with a lattice pattern that maximizes airflow.

The Mac Pro uses workstation-class Xeon processors with up to 28 cores, and it supports up to 1.5TB of high-performance memory. Pricing on the new Mac Pro will start at $6,000.

Alongside the Mac Pro, Apple will likely launch the Pro Display XDR, which is a 32-inch 6K display with a resolution of 6016 x 3384 and more than 20 million pixels. Pricing on the Pro Display XDR will start at $5,000.

While Bloomberg has disclosed a December launch month for the Mac Pro, there's still no word on a specific date. Given past launch timelines, it could come on either the week of the 9th or the week of the 16th.

Article Link: Apple's Revamped Mac Pro to Launch in December

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2013
Not to be that guy, but it’s pretty funny Apple made people wait years then said they would release the Mac Pro in 2019, and now they are probably going to release it at the very end of 2019.

Knowing Apple, all of the configurations probably won’t even be available and delivered until February or March.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
  1. the MacPro 2013 was announced at WWDC June 2013, released december 19,2013 (announced 1 day prior to release on the 18th)
  2. the iMacPro 2017 was announced at WWDC June 2017, released december 14th 2017 (announced two days prior to release on the 12th)
  3. the MacPro 2019 was announced at WWDC June 2019, released ??

So not sure what people were expecting

btw: Although, apple can surprise us. I’m wondering how much they are going off this pattern vs actual inside insight

Last edited:

chfilm

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
BTO pricing! Just announce the damn thing already so people can make purchase plans.
Yea, I actually absolutely don’t mind a December release but I would really like to know how much exactly I’ll have to spend on this monster.
Maybe we’ll get more infos on that tomorrow as well?

Reactions: OkiRun

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 68040
Sep 27, 2008
It will be fun to see how good the new design is and how it all pans out. My maxed-out iMac Pro is doing the job very nicely for me and will probably last another 3 years or so...but then I will likely switch over to the Mac Pro once the beast I have now can now longer keep up with what I need.