Apple's U.S. iPhone User Base Sees Slowing Growth in Q1 2019

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 16, 2019.

1. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Apple has been doing amazing things. That they had 11b in profit, shows there is plenty of upside potential. So you were surprised when Apple announced their 11b?

Citation please.

So it will actually be about 15 years for “Apple is doomed” meme to come true?
    --- Post Merged, May 18, 2019 ---
    I noticed the phrase “satisfied existing customers”...

2. ariyaadnan921216 macrumors newbie

Yes

3. antonrg macrumors member

It amazes me how many people aggressively defend Apple. A simple look at the popularity chart country by country (https://deviceatlas.com/blog/most-popular-iphones) shows the current trend of cheaper and older models being the most popular, ie the latest and greatest/most expensive isn't selling as their flagships used to sell. Yet, many are ready to jump on you if you point it out.

4. ariyaadnan921216 macrumors newbie

My mobile iPhone version is
    5D display launcher please help me iPhone-Xr-Wallpaper-2.jpg

5. I7guy, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019

I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

What conclusions are you drawing from web traffic? What that chart shows is popularity of web traffic by phone, and that's only what can be measured.

6. Abazigal macrumors G4

Abazigal

Apple’s installed base grew by 75 million in 2018.

https://iphone.appleinsider.com/art...iphones-in-the-wild-out-of-14b-active-devices

I have no doubt there are people switching away from iPhones due to the device no longer meeting their needs, but this is still a net gain for Apple.

In my opinion, Apple is no less innovative than before, even if their priorities have clearly shifted. Or to put it another way, just because Apple isn’t innovating in an area you aren’t particularly interested in doesn’t mean it won’t appeal to other customers, nor does this mean that Apple is no longer innovating.

i wouldn’t bet against Apple. Not now, not ever.

7. Doc C macrumors regular

Why is this?
    Even when I check that it's there when I grab the set, it's gone when I go to use it...

8. Ramchi macrumors 6502a

Ramchi

That was reached few years back(possibly stock valuation as well), now it is reverse trend. For such massive corporations initial drag may look slower(mislead to believe that it is steady) but when it gains momentum you just can't stop it. Apple with such huge cash pile most likely to take investors friendly decisions like dividends, buy out etc to keep their executives dilute their positions over a period...

9. JetTester macrumors 6502

I think the key takeaway is, it is still growing, not shrinking.

10. antonrg macrumors member

I have made my point in the previous comment that you already replied to.