Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
With their disastrous product line and supply chain CEO, the shareholders should honestly be satisfied with any growth at all. I was expecting losses.
Apple has been doing amazing things. That they had 11b in profit, shows there is plenty of upside potential. So you were surprised when Apple announced their 11b?

This is simply not true. People are LEAVING Apple, not not upgrading.
Citation please.

A few more years of sales and returns and the true picture will come into view. It’s sad that it will take “proof” before anyone can see where a lack of innovation and quality is taking Apple. Guess we’ve gotta get there. Money ruins everything.
So it will actually be about 15 years for “Apple is doomed” meme to come true?
[doublepost=1558196481][/doublepost]
I noticed the phrase “satisfied existing customers”...

ariyaadnan921216

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2019
Apple has been doing amazing things. That they had 11b in profit, shows there is plenty of upside potential. So you were surprised when Apple announced their 11b?

Citation please.

So it will actually be about 15 years for “Apple is doomed” meme to come true?
[doublepost=1558196481][/doublepost]
I noticed the phrase “satisfied existing customers”...
Yes

antonrg

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2019
Paris
With their disastrous product line and supply chain CEO, the shareholders should honestly be satisfied with any growth at all. I was expecting losses.
[doublepost=1558189938][/doublepost]

A few more years of sales and returns and the true picture will come into view. It’s sad that it will take “proof” before anyone can see where a lack of innovation and quality is taking Apple. Guess we’ve gotta get there. Money ruins everything.

It amazes me how many people aggressively defend Apple. A simple look at the popularity chart country by country (https://deviceatlas.com/blog/most-popular-iphones) shows the current trend of cheaper and older models being the most popular, ie the latest and greatest/most expensive isn't selling as their flagships used to sell. Yet, many are ready to jump on you if you point it out.

Reactions: Bawstun

ariyaadnan921216

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2019
My mobile iPhone version is
5D display launcher please help me
iPhone-Xr-Wallpaper-2.jpg

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
It amazes me how many people aggressively defend Apple. A simple look at the popularity chart country by country (https://deviceatlas.com/blog/most-popular-iphones) shows the current trend of cheaper and older models being the most popular, ie the latest and greatest/most expensive isn't selling as their flagships used to sell. Yet, many are ready to jump on you if you point it out.
What conclusions are you drawing from web traffic? What that chart shows is popularity of web traffic by phone, and that's only what can be measured.

Last edited:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

Apple’s installed base grew by 75 million in 2018.

https://iphone.appleinsider.com/art...iphones-in-the-wild-out-of-14b-active-devices

I have no doubt there are people switching away from iPhones due to the device no longer meeting their needs, but this is still a net gain for Apple.

In my opinion, Apple is no less innovative than before, even if their priorities have clearly shifted. Or to put it another way, just because Apple isn’t innovating in an area you aren’t particularly interested in doesn’t mean it won’t appeal to other customers, nor does this mean that Apple is no longer innovating.

i wouldn’t bet against Apple. Not now, not ever.

Reactions: I7guy

Doc C

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013

Same thing happened to computers and smart phones. It's just another tool.

Who makes your socket set? Mac or Snap On? Dunno, hand me the 10mm. Shiet, the 10mm is missing.

The 10mm is ALWAYS missing, BTW....

Why is this?
Even when I check that it's there when I grab the set, it's gone when I go to use it...

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
At a certain point in a product’s life-cycle you reach maximum market penetration and adoption... We are near that point.

That was reached few years back(possibly stock valuation as well), now it is reverse trend. For such massive corporations initial drag may look slower(mislead to believe that it is steady) but when it gains momentum you just can't stop it. Apple with such huge cash pile most likely to take investors friendly decisions like dividends, buy out etc to keep their executives dilute their positions over a period...

antonrg

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2019
Paris
What conclusions are you drawing from web traffic? What that chart shows is popularity of web traffic by phone, and that's only what can be measured.
I have made my point in the previous comment that you already replied to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.