Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's UK online store is now listing a shipping date for the OS X Snow Leopard "Up-to-Date" program of "by August 28th". The listing comes on the heels of reports from several sources in recent days that Snow Leopard would see an August 28th launch, ahead of Apple's previously-announced September launch window.

205424-apple_uk_aug_28th_500.png

A brief survey of the equivalent page at Apple's online stores for a number of other countries showed all of them still listing an estimated shipping date of September.

The page appears to only be an informational listing, as users are unable to order Up-to-Date discs directly via the product page in Apple's online store. Customers must first verify that they are eligible for the program through the main Up-to-Date program page, which restricts participation to users who purchased a Mac on or after June 8th, 2009.

Article Link: Apple's UK Online Store Lists August 28th Ship Date for Snow Leopard Up-to-Date Program

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
Fantastic - maybe I should finally pre-order it through the up-to-date program.

How long would Snow Leopard take to ship if I pre-ordered it (and it was released on August 28th)?

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Apple has traditionally given OS's guaranteed release date delivery. You should have it the 28th.

jetlife2

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2004
Cincinnati, Oh
not yet in US

I pre-ordered thru the up to date program in the US on 7/29.

As of 8/20 9pm ET the order is received and present in Apple's system, with an order number, with no ship date or estimated delivery date, and my CC has not been charged.

So a little longer to wait yet.

IronRoses

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2007
WTF?!!

Snow Leopard isn't even ready to be shipped.

Both iTunes and Quicktime freeze and crash out to desktop a lot still.

The Os itself is stable, but not stable enough to be classed as even golden for christ sakes. And Apple have the cheek to say that microsoft rush their products.

I'm a ADC select subscriber and have been running Snow leopard for about a week now and have found many bugs that are noticeable if you dig deep enough.

However it is stupidly fast and my god are the boot times fast.
I tested iLife 09 in Snow Leopard erlier today and iMovie loads in a split second.

apart from the crashses from Quicktime and itunes Snow Leopard is ok but nothing Golden still. I'd still give it a good month before releasing it if i were Apple.

and yes, i know i have just stomped all over my NDa but what do you lot care? if you do care then leave this site you hypocrites!

seashellz

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2004
YOU have an NDA-? Lets talk about it after my date with Paris Hilton tonight
oops-let that cat out of the bag....so to speak

There may be the odd card not charged yet, but a cascading number of reports are starting to roll in of cc charges;
Apple does not charge until the are about to or are shipping an item
Available to order tomorrow at the APPLE store ill wager

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
that thing cost 7.95 Euros????? how much is that in U.S, i don't think it's $29.00? lol:D

Those are pounds sterling. 7.95 pounds sterling is equivalent to about 13 USD.

I had a quick chat at the Apple online store. Attached is the conversation. Interesting. BTW, the US store link is for the iPod 3G, I believe. Found it here.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 508
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 425
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.