Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
I chatted with "Cynthia S." and she told me a release date for SL hasn't been set yet. She also can't get to the UK version of the page.

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
WTF?!!

Snow Leopard isn't even ready to be shipped.

Both iTunes and Quicktime freeze and crash out to desktop a lot still.

The Os itself is stable, but not stable enough to be classed as even golden for christ sakes. And Apple have the cheek to say that microsoft rush their products.

I'm a ADC select subscriber and have been running Snow leopard for about a week now and have found many bugs that are noticeable if you dig deep enough.

However it is stupidly fast and my god are the boot times fast.
I tested iLife 09 in Snow Leopard erlier today and iMovie loads in a split second.

apart from the crashses from Quicktime and itunes Snow Leopard is ok but nothing Golden still. I'd still give it a good month before releasing it if i were Apple.

and yes, i know i have just stomped all over my NDa but what do you lot care? if you do care then leave this site you hypocrites!

First, anyone who has an NDA doesn't tell everyone that they do.
Second, I use iTunes daily and it has never hang on me on the last build seeded. And I have not had a single issue with QuickTime X. Really the only issues I've had with the last seed are with 3rd party apps that need to be update.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Weird...mine still says Sept. But i did notice that Apple cancelled my order and replaced it with something supposedly newer. Product numbers changed.

Mah...whatever. I'm not even gonna install the thing till like 10.6.3 is out. Leopard works fine for me and is blazing fast as is

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 95

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Slightly off topic, but anyone know if Leopard will have Win7 support in boot camp out of the box?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
does anyone happen to know how long it will take Amazon.com to have SL ready to ship?

I would like to know this too (from people who pre-ordered Leopard from Amazon). I have the $29 SL on pre-order from Amazon but I'm curious when it will actually be shipped out.

Odid

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
The Apple reps don't know anything, they never do, for any company actually.

And those claiming that their credit card was charged, is it actually a posted transaction or is it still pending?

Apple charged my credit card and it was pending forever and went away last week and came back this week but today it's gone.

johnhw

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Weird...mine still says Sept. But i did notice that Apple cancelled my order and replaced it with something supposedly newer. Product numbers changed.

Mah...whatever. I'm not even gonna install the thing till like 10.6.3 is out. Leopard works fine for me and is blazing fast as is

I notice that the second one is labeled "MAC OX X 10.6"

Probably a typo error..

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007

On my order status, i have the newer one thats on your list, the one thats labeled MAC OX X on yours. but on mine its spelled correctly

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

This is surprising news... Supposedly fake iPod 1G page, snow leopard release date... Almost as nice as the G5 leaked specs

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

I'm debating, order from amazon or wait for apple

mbprouser

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2009
the fact that some people were charged yesterday is funny.

i used a visa gift card.

when i ordered the up-to-date from apple, my card was charged minutes after.

yesterday, i checked my card balance and the SL charge was REMOVED from the list of transactions. (and 9.95 credit was restored)

interesting. i checked apple.com and it doesnt say order canceled or anything.

That's because they placed a hold to make sure the funds were there when you ordered. Your card will be charged once Apple preps for shipping.

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007

Supposedly fake iPod 1G page

i thought they said it was a refurbished ipod o.o

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake

macfanboy said:

Supposedly fake iPod 1G page

i thought they said it was a refurbished ipod o.o

Yes refurb, but several staff via chat said it was fake.

Either way it's been a crazy day @ apple.com/store

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake

It'd be nice to play with! Like a new toy!

Heck it's almost like getting a new mac!

zwaldowski

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2009
I chatted with "Cynthia S." and she told me a release date for SL hasn't been set yet. She also can't get to the UK version of the page.

Small world. :rolleyes: I just chatted with her, too. I bought a refurbished uMBP 13" on Monday and the Up-To-Date site says my serial "isn't found".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.