Apple's Upcoming 'Totally Wireless' Powerbeats Pro Earphones Begin Appearing on Billboards

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 3, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has started marketing its Powerbeats Pro earphones ahead of their upcoming release with a pair of ads in Hollywood.

A banner ad and nearby billboard reveal that the Powerbeats Pro will be "totally wireless," as expected, making them the first cord-free Beats earphones like AirPods. A photo of the ad was tipped to 9to5Mac, which earlier uncovered an image of the Powerbeats Pro and their charging case hidden in iOS 12.2 code.

[​IMG]
    Image Credit: 9to5Mac

CNET was first to report on Apple's plans to release cord-free Powerbeats, which will essentially be fitness-oriented AirPods, ideal for the gym, sports, running, and so forth. The website said the new Powerbeats will launch in April, and Apple's ads in Hollywood apparently confirm they are "coming soon."

CNET also said the Powerbeats Pro will likely use the same H1 chip as the second-generation AirPods, potentially enabling "Hey Siri" support along with faster switching between source devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.

[​IMG]
    Image Credit: 9to5Mac

It appears the Powerbeats Pro will be available in both black and white, but pricing remains to be seen. AirPods start at $159, while Powerbeats3 Wireless with a cord between each earbud are regularly $199.95 in the United States.

Article Link: Apple's Upcoming 'Totally Wireless' Powerbeats Pro Earphones Begin Appearing on Billboards

2. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

I like the ear loops. I'm always afraid I'll lose airpods, so I've avoided buying them. But these are a definite maybe.

3. meaning-matters macrumors 6502

meaning-matters

4. SDJim macrumors member

SDJim

This will be the silver bullet for some. I prefer not jamming things into my ear canals, so I love my AirPods.

5. tzm41 macrumors regular

tzm41

Might be canceled last minute /s

6. Mrjynx macrumors regular

Hold on, have these been released? An actual billboard covering half the building just launched these new headphones? LOL. Apple have lost their minds

7. IRockThat828pScreen macrumors regular

IRockThat828pScreen

8. Solver macrumors 6502a

Apple competing with Apple
    Who will win?

9. Unami, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019

Unami macrumors 6502a

no, it doesn‘t. try reading the claim with both eyes open.

10. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Tim Apple :D

11. 7thson, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019

7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

12. iReality85 macrumors 6502a

I predict that these will score a 0/10 from iFixit.

You heard it here first, folks!

13. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

Just switched to AirPods 2 after 3 years of Powerbeats 2 use.

Much to my surprise, the new buds stay perfectly in position during my workouts (body building) whereas the PB frequently needed small repositionings (rotation). Also, the sound quality is dramatically better.

14. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

15. nippyjun macrumors 65816

These look great. I use the powerbeats 3 for workouts and always wanted them to be wireless.

16. Nimoy macrumors regular

Nimoy

Whatever it is, I'll pay it. Airpods irritate my ears and don't sound nearly as good as Beats. But the around-the-neck cord of the current Beats line is annoying, especially when jogging. This new thing is just what I need!

17. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

So in a sense, Apple is releasing black AirPods.

18. 69Mustang macrumors 604

69Mustang

Then don't jam them.:p:D Most of us who use in-ears also prefer not jamming things into our ear canals... so we don't.;)

On topic: I said it on the last article. These look good. That stealth black is hot.

19. Populus macrumors 6502a

Populus

Good, but I'm sticking with my AirPods. For me they are much more comfortable to wear.

20. NMBob macrumors 6502a

Why would they go to the trouble of designing, manufacturing and marketing something like this when they could just make them another version of the AirPods under their own name with their own (white) look and feel and market them as being as "fun" and "reliable" and having the same exact functions as their regular AirPods? Just get rid of the "Beats" brand and save all the duplication. Must be why I'm not in business.

21. cmaier macrumors G5

Like AirPods, but they actually stay in my ears when I turn my head, cough, chew, tilt my head slightly askew, or think crooked thoughts?

Sign me up!

22. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Beats has its own brand identity and followers. I don’t personally care for them, but many buyers do want the beats brand.

23. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502a

BoricuaHec01

24. 69Mustang macrumors 604

69Mustang

Do you really not know the reach and influence of Beats?

25. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502a

BoricuaHec01

Same here, I've been waiting for the longest to upgrade my 3's and prayed they would come out with truly wireless Powerbeats.