Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadMacxxx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Newport Beach, CA
Glad i bought my ticket 2 weeks ago :) Going on work's dime (mostly). WWDC is more than just the keynote. It is a weeks worth of learning and networking. Plus unlimited odwalla! Plus there is a usually a big party at the end. Last year Bare Naked Ladies performed. Best conference ever.
ahh hell naw, they bustin out da odwalla juuuuicee?!

jk.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Time for a bigger venue

I don't think it's necessary. Moscone is plenty big, there are other buildings they could use if they needed. I think what they need to do is split it up into two separate events for iPhone and Mac OS X. The reason it has sold out this year and last I'm guessing is because of all the iPhone devs, so if they moved it to a separate event I think it would help out a lot, and they could get even more attendees.

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
I think Steve will be there. The keynote will be presented by Phil and there will be a "One more Thing" and it will be that Steve is back and he will walk out on stage to stupendous applause with a huge grin and a new product.

+1. Going to be an awesome Keynote!

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
All these terrible predictions, lets get realistic

A) First 20 mins will be "oh look we now have $40 Billion in the bank, buy our shares, sell Microsoft's"

B) Steve Jobs will come on "Look im alllliveee!"

C) iPhone 3.0 demo, no release until August obviously

D) Snow Leopard demo and release

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
not so sure about that... there's already been an event for 3.0. I think a lot of it will be about 10.6

Think about what you're saying, though. There was an event for a sneak peek at the iPhone operating system--not even released yet and Apple holds an event for it. Meanwhile, hardware updates to the Mac are showing up with no fanfare at all. It's clear where the priorities are.

I agree with the opinion that WWDC is going to be yet another iPhone event, which IMO sucks. The iPhone's great, but for @#$%&'s sake, it's not going to replace my computer and it sure would be nice to get a peek at SL this time around.

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
While this is supposed to be about developers for developers, I can almost say for sure that the keynote will be 80%+ iPhone 3.0, 15% "look at how well macs/iPods are selling" and 5% dedicated to "oh yeah... we're still working on snowleopardkthxbye"

*sigh*

Which doesn't matter in the slightest to the developers, as they will have an entire week's worth of information on Snow Leopard and iPhone. Plus, Mac OS X always gets its own "keynote" right after the public keynote is done. This conference will be all about Snow Leopard (and iPhone 3.0).

Does anyone know if Apple will offer more tickets? Have they done this in previous years?

No. They will not offer any more tickets.

Perk

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2008
Verona, Italia
I don't think a new iPhone will be announced at the event at all.. maybe, if anything, something similar.. but a whole new generation of the current iPhone? No. I, for one, don't think there will be.

Maybe as the rumors stated; something lite. Not much related to the iPhone.

But yet again, it's Apple. I'd expect anything.

iamse7en

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
Greater interest than last year

The MacRumors notice of the sellout last year was on May 14, 2008.

WWDC has sold out more than 2 weeks earlier, so clearly, there is greater interest.

I attended last year, and it was a lot of fun. I'm not so lucky this year.

iamse7en

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
Ok, I am sorry for breaking topic but....

WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE SLINGPLAYER FOR IPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is this taking so long??? i just farted...:eek:

Dude, I'm with you... I'm so frustrated about this as well.

When I first heard it had been submitted to the App Store, I thought... "Great! We'll see it within a week or so..."

It's now been over a month.

What's even more frustrating, is that Sling Media had no problems getting SlingPlayer Mobile on the other AT&T Phones. I understand there are quite a few 'million' iPhones - but there aren't THAT many SlingBoxes out there. I know this app will have a lot more people buy SlingBoxes, but it's not like the 3G network is going to burn out.

Even if you want, Apple/AT&T, make it WiFi only. I don't give a hoot - I know there will be a hack for jailbroken phones to allow it to work on 3G, just like with the skype app.

This is the last app I've been waiting for that I've wanted since I first heard rumors about an iPhone.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
Glad i bought my ticket 2 weeks ago :) Going on work's dime (mostly). WWDC is more than just the keynote. It is a weeks worth of learning and networking. Plus unlimited odwalla! Plus there is a usually a big party at the end. Last year Bare Naked Ladies performed. Best conference ever.

Don't forget about the strippers!

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Apple will announce that they are getting out of the computer business and changing their name again to Apple Phone And Gadget Company. :D

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Safest prediction yet....

Maybe Snow Leopard will be delayed again with no release date.

I'd guess that Apple's having trouble copying Microsoft's blueprint for the 10.6 development work, and there are still some serious issues to work out.

Apple will announce that they are getting out of the computer business and changing their name again to Apple Phone And Gadget Company. :D

;) Well, if you look at things, the name change to "gadget company" is about the only thing left to finish that move.

What will MACrumors rename itself to, though? The change is happening there too - a majority of the stories are about gadgets, not MACs.

Don't forget about the strippers!

Be very clear about stating what you want if you're asking for strippers in SOMA....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.