Applestore?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Liquinn, May 27, 2012.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Hmmmm... who here finds it different using/playing with a product in the Apple store compared to when you have it at your house?

Why do I find it different using an Apple product in the store compared to when it's mine?

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

What make you think they are different? How you feel at home that you didnt at the store vice versa?

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I guess what I mean is, when you use/play with something in the store, you don't own it I guess?

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I know exactly what you mean. When you use something inside the store, it feels "amazing", but when you get home and use it, it feels more fragile and less revolutionary. Same thing goes for TVs on display at stores, and other items. The items are great at home too, but it doesn't have the same impression as when you're mesmerized at the store.

When you're in the Apple store, you're seeing the products under bright lights (that were actually specifically designed to show the products in the best way) and using them at full brightness. There is also a lot of activity going on, so you may not pick up on the small defects, and you really don't get to know the user experience until you get home and play with it.

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Yeah I'm with you 100%. I loved using a MBP inside the store but it's different now that I have one, I guess it's crafty that way about the lights are designed for everything to look perfect. I still love my MBP and will look after it and use it for years to come.

A bit like the Thunderbolt Display, in store it seemed amazing but I'm getting bored of it as my monitor and true xD

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

The store display/play models could be 'beefed-up', but not say so on the info tag?

<shifty-eyed>

7. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Yeah, and when you use the Macbook Pro at home, you can hear every little "noise" coming from it, and notice every little defect. :D

But at the store, it's a simple and amazing experience. lol

8. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

As mentioned, the shopping experience at the store is calculated: the lights, the space between machines, the Apple employees coming to throw info at you, etc.

My old job was setting up new retail stores (clothing store Hollister) and the stores were set up in a way to "enhance" shopper's chances of buying items: mirrors at an angle in dressing rooms, lighting in the dressing rooms, fragrance pumped into the store, and blaring music.

Distracted shoppers are less less intelligent shoppers.

9. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I guess that's why I felt like being on a MBP was an amazing experience compared to being at home, I love my MBP though.

What do you mean "the Apple employees coming to throw info at you, etc."?

10. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Try going to an Apple Store and look carefully at the products. Not just casually looking at them but try to carefully inspect them. An Apple employee will come over and hit you up with specs, apps, capabilities, etc not unlike someone visiting a car dealership and getting "handled". It's not something unique to Apple, it's just a sales tactic.

11. applefan289 macrumors 68000

That is so true. Now that I think of it, when I'm just leisurely looking at an iPad and playing with it, employees don't seem to come to me as much as when I'm in front of a Macbook Air and fold down the display to see the Apple logo, weigh it, etc.

12. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

At the Apple store they object when I take all my clothes off and cuddle with the products.

(Not that I let it stop me)

13. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You have the right idea...duplicate the conditions under which you would normally use the product.

They're so stuffy at the store!!!:D

14. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Let's just hope the Wi-Fi radiation doesn't kill those cells. :eek:

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Psychology at work...

16. old-wiz macrumors G3

When you are at home, you don't have a blue shirt hovering and trying to sell you something.