April challenge - killer or not to bad?

Jay-Jacob

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2015
England
Give me same impossible challenge same February I failed. February was 26,400 calories and this month even worse! 27,700 calories! Wonder why they think I get it when I failed last time?? I don’t have time do over 900 calories per day. Defo will fail this.

yulacu

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2018
United States
Mine is double my move goal 5 times. My watch has really lowered its expectations in me after a slow workout winter. Lol.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Is this for real? Walk or run 116.2 miles (3.8 miles/day). Not sure what it's thinking as most of my historical workouts are weight training with a few walks/runs on non-workout days.

I ain't gonna hit this one..... :confused:

DukeSilver79

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2018
Most of mine are crazy, but mine was 15 workouts. Should be easy, training for a half marathon next month.

Reactions: john991

dgreening

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Ok, normally mine are somewhat obtainable. Last month double my move goal 10 times. My daily goal is 1,000 calories and I was able to meet my goal on March 31st. Barely got it done and now April's goal of 58,000 calories which divided by 30 days is 1,933 daily. Not thinking this is something I can actually accomplish. Not saying I will not try but this was going to be the month I didn't push so hard.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Mine is to close all three rings, every day. This one is in the bag for me.

Is this for real? Walk or run 116.2 miles (3.8 miles/day). Not sure what it's thinking as most of my historical workouts are weight training with a few walks/runs on non-workout days.

I ain't gonna hit this one..... :confused:
Just curious. Do you wear your watch only when working out? I ask because I think your April Challenge is based on all of your miles, not just when working out. If you get 10,000 steps in, you should be well over 5 miles ... but then again, I don't know how tall you are.

Reactions: tgara

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Mine is to close all three rings, every day. This one is in the bag for me.

Just curious. Do you wear your watch only when working out? I ask because I think your April Challenge is based on all of your miles, not just when working out. If you get 10,000 steps in, you should be well over 5 miles ... but then again, I don't know how tall you are.
No, I wear my watch essentially during all waking hours, not only when I work out. My workouts consist of an hour or so of weight training 3x per week, plus power walks or runs on days when I'm not weight training. But I understand what you're alluding to.... and you may be right about the step count. If it's counting steps or distance whenever I wear the watch (basically all day irrespective of a workout), then I might hit the April goal. I'll roll with it and see how it goes!

Reactions: ftaok

Bballrob

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
The goal:

The minimum average:

A more realistic average since I don’t exercise on Sundays:

Now, here’s the kicker. I started training for a half marathon program last week. I’ll be running 3-4 days per week, but mostly for only 30-40 minutes per day, exception being long runs on Saturdays. Wednesday is also normally supposed to be a rest day, and two days a week of cross training call for 30-40 minutes on those days.

So, it looks like it will take some effort and improvisation to make this happen, but I’m going for it!!

Reactions: enduro0125

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
So, it looks like it will take some effort and improvisation to make this happen, but I’m going for it!!
Your challenge is Exercise Minutes, not Workout Minutes.

You get Exercise Minute credit for just walking around the house all day. I normally get 15 minutes at work just by walking around and socializing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.