Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
So why should I care?

I don't believe you - you obviously don't know how to use the notes app.

How can one possibly not know how to scroll through the notes app?
I type incredibly long notes, and then add to them daily. I experienced no problems on previous iPhones when doing the same. Scrolling down long pages causes the 6+ to stutter like no iPhone before it.

The 6+ lags, and both flavours of the iPhone 6 have insufficient RAM for all but the light user. Those are facts I'm afraid.
However, only heavy users encounter these problems and from there it's a subjective thing as to how much these issues bother them. One guy in the 6+ lag threads returned his phone for a refund. He tried several and they all lagged too much for him to put up with.
Others like me hate the lag and especially hate the tab reloading, but we suffer it because of the iPhone's (other) strengths. If you claim to see none of these faults due either to your usage pattern or how accepting you are, then fair play.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Well, just because you don't experience any lag or crashes during your light operation of the phone, it doesn't mean that it doesn't lag (or crash). I complile long notes all the time and compared to my 2 years+ iPhone 5, it stutters through them when scrolling. Countless apps crash too, and safari reloads for fun.
It's still a phone which has plenty of positives, but those here who deny the obvious negatives are infuriating.

I use my 6 Plus heavily and use very computationally demanding applications and my 6 Plus doesnt have a hit of lag at all really ever. Im on 8.1.2 with Reduce transparency on and my 6 Plus is literally buttery smooth 100% of time, the guy isnt denying anything, his 6 Plus doesnt lag as neither does mine and millions of other people have a smooth fast performing 6 Plus

----------

I type incredibly long notes, and then add to them daily. I experienced no problems on previous iPhones when doing the same. Scrolling down long pages causes the 6+ to stutter like no iPhone before it.

The 6+ lags, and both flavours of the iPhone 6 have insufficient RAM for all but the light user. Those are facts I'm afraid.
However, only heavy users encounter these problems and from there it's a subjective thing as to how much these issues bother them. One guy in the 6+ lag threads returned his phone for a refund. He tried several and they all lagged too much for him to put up with.
Others like me hate the lag and especially hate the tab reloading, but we suffer it because of the iPhone's (other) strengths. If you claim to see none of these faults due either to your usage pattern or how accepting you are, then fair play.

My 6 Plus doesnt lag really ever, Sounds like your device is defective as i use my device heavily every single day using very demanding apps computationally wise and no hit of lag at all, my 6 Plus is pure buttery smooth as mine and many others have too. I use my 6 Plus in everyway (rotating it, etc) and no stutters here or anything like that and I am very concious of FPS drops . Enough of your trolling antics now mate

I use my 6 Plus very heavily and I have no lag at all, so it seems like your device is messed up. With all this posting that you do about how messed up and poor your 6 Plus is with all these issues you are experiecing, why not go get a replacement ?

In a extreme heavy power user of my device and the only reloading I really experience is in Safari if i have too many tabs open and apps open in the background, but thats really it, iOS 8 optimized apps/6 Plus and 6 optimized apps run great and barely reload on my 6 Plus

Its already beyond clear that me and many others here on this forum have great performing non stuttery 6 Plus's. Your iPhone is defective, go get a new replacement

----------

Sunking has some knock off Japanese iPhone and he probably thinks its the real deal

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I have been hearing issues of the 6 and 6 plus phones starting to lag due to only having 1 gb of RAM. How true is this, and should i get one or wait for the "S" models out in fall ??

I don't see any lag on my iPhone 6, like I didn't see any on my iPhone 5S.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I use my 6 Plus heavily and use very computationally demanding applications and my 6 Plus doesnt have a hit of lag at all really ever. Im on 8.1.2 with Reduce transparency on and my 6 Plus is literally buttery smooth 100% of time, the guy isnt denying anything, his 6 Plus doesnt lag as neither does mine and millions of other people have a smooth fast performing 6 Plus

----------

My 6 Plus doesnt lag really ever, Sounds like your device is defective as i use my device heavily every single day using very demanding apps computationally wise and no hit of lag at all, my 6 Plus is pure buttery smooth as mine and many others have too. I use my 6 Plus in everyway (rotating it, etc) and no stutters here or anything like that and I am very concious of FPS drops . Enough of your trolling antics now mate

I use my 6 Plus very heavily and I have no lag at all, so it seems like your device is messed up. With all this posting that you do about how messed up and poor your 6 Plus is with all these issues you are experiecing, why not go get a replacement ?

Its already beyond clear that me and many others here on this forum have great performing non stuttery 6 Plus's. Your iPhone is defective, go get a new replacement

----------

Sunking has some knock off Japanese iPhone and he probably thinks its the real deal

As many say it doesn't lag, say that it does. Also, as many say that 1GB of RAM is sufficient, say that it isn't. I don't believe there is anything wrong with my 6+ that isn't wrong with every 6+.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
As many say it doesn't lag, say that it does. Also, as many say that 1GB of RAM is sufficient, say that it isn't. I don't believe there is anything wrong with my 6+ that isn't wrong with every 6+.

clearly something is wrong with yor 6 Plus that isnt wrong with others because your 6 Plus lagging, and having a unresponsive screen sometimes is completly abnormal behavir as my 6 Plus never ever does that and never has a unresponsive screen . So yeah clearly your device is defective and has issues that other people are not experiencing....your 6 Plus having a unresponsive screen sometimes is not normal behavior and that doesnt ever happen on my 6 Plus, so yeah this issue seems to be relegated to you and a few hundred other unlucky people out of milliosn upon millions

And no not really. The only people i see complaining about lag is you and not even a handful of people on these forums, there was even a forum poll post recently on if "your 6 Plus lagged" and the "no" option outscored and outweighed the "yes" option by almost 3-4x times

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
These lag talks drive me crazy

All computers lag or we'd be done with all tech advancements and there would be no reason to buy new devices

So the 6 doesn't lag, and the 5 didn't two years ago, but does the 5 lag now? Even if it still has originally shipped iOS version? I set up my moms iPhone 6 last weekend and it's a great device, but did every action happen instantaneously? Of course not, there is a degree of lag for processing, network activity, etc..

Every year the iPhone doesn't lag, that's not possible using a "non goalpost" definition of the word "lag"

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
These lag talks drive me crazy

All computers lag or we'd be done with all tech advancements and there would be no reason to buy new devices

So the 6 doesn't lag, and the 5 didn't two years ago, but does the 5 lag now? Even if it still has originally shipped iOS version? I set up my moms iPhone 6 last weekend and it's a great device, but did every action happen instantaneously? Of course not, there is a degree of lag for processing, network activity, etc..

Every year the iPhone doesn't lag, that's not possible using a "non goalpost" definition of the word "lag"

Relativly speaking though we are speaking about new hardware on new software, we all know old hardware will lag on newer more modern software

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Hahahaha!!!!

----------

I litterally almost didn't get the plus cause of everyone here saying lags and crashes etc good thing I didn't listen I have no lag on my plus and not once has it crashed.

Never come to MR forum for buying advices :D

This is the land of "Apple is doomed".

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

I wouldn't define my use of my iPhone 6 as light. At all....

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Relativly speaking though we are speaking about new hardware on new software, we all know old hardware will lag on newer more modern software

Newer software slowing down older devices seems to be an anamoly that effects Apple products more so than other OS's, at least in recent history. The cynic in me says this is because they only sell hardware.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Newer software slowing down older devices seems to be an anamoly that effects Apple products more so than other OS's, at least in recent history.

Arguable. 4S and other iOS devices are on only 512 mb of RAM, Which is really low by todays standards, no doubt in my mind if the 4S/ipad 2 and others had at least 1GB of ram they would perform alot better

There isnt really any Android devices with 512mb of RAM even seeing past like JellyBean 4.2

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I wouldn't define my use of my iPhone 6 as light. At all....

To the best of my knowledge, only the 6+ lags so you shouldn't see the issue. As for tab reloading, that affects all iPhones but it depends on your browsing habits as to whether it affects you. I think we can safely say that a sufficient number of people have complained about this for it not to be deemed an individual hardware fault, or user error.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Arguable. 4S and other iOS devices are on only 512 mb of RAM, Which is really low by todays standards, no doubt in my mind if the 4S/ipad 2 and others had at least 1GB of ram they would perform alot better

There isnt really any Android devices with 512mb of RAM even seeing past like JellyBean 4.2

I am more offput by the degradation of performance with 1 GB ram iOS devices with each update lately, but fair enough. a phone like the 4s really should be on iOS 6

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
To the best of my knowledge, only the 6+ lags so you shouldn't see the issue. As for tab reloading, that affects all iPhones but it depends on your browsing habits as to whether it affects you. I think we can safely say that a sufficient number of people have complained about this for it not to be deemed an individual hardware fault, or user error.

How does a few forum posts from a few handful of Macrumors members all the sudden makes it not a hardware fault or user error out of over 45 million iPhone 6's sold already?? Thats just rubbish honestly, and I and many 6 Plus owners are not experiencing this so called lag your talking about. so your on the wrong side of the fence and that sucks bro

Not to mention the troll accounts that come out every year on here and Apple forums when new iPhones come out, yadda yadda yah

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
How does a few forum posts from a few handful of Macrumors members all the sudden makes it not a hardware fault or user error out of over 45 million iPhone 6's sold already?? Thats just rubbish honestly, and I and many 6 Plus owners are not experiencing this so called lag your talking about. so your on the wrong side of the fence and that sucks bro

Not to mention the troll accounts that come out every year on here and Apple forums when new iPhones come out, yadda yadda yah

We aren't talking about horrific lag every time we do something with the phone. Just every now and again there'll be a stutter when scrolling, a slight delay in reaction when pressing the screen, and occasionally a complete failure to recognise a screen press. Some will not notice these things, or even consider them a problem. To others they're unacceptable when older iPhones don't suffer the fault.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014

I have no idea how you are unable to properly scroll through the notes app. You are the one with the problem, not me.

Maybe you should go to the Genius bar and see if you can get some help. That may also help you be less infuriated when other people don't have the same complaints that you have.

Sosab123

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2014
6 plus user here and I rarely experience slow downs but I have witnessed a few crashes here and there. But otherwise I'm fine

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I have no idea how you are unable to properly scroll through the notes app. You are the one with the problem, not me.

Maybe you should go to the Genius bar and see if you can get some help. That may also help you be less infuriated when other people don't have the same complaints that you have.

I'm only infuriated when people claim that Apple products are perfect. If anyone points out a fairly widespread problem it is aggressively denied. For sure some individuals have problems brought on by corrupted installs and dodgy apps, but some issues are much more widespread. There are some here that deny any problems exist, and that if they do then setting up as a new phone or getting a replacement is the answer.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
0 to 60 mph, it's faster than my M4 Coupe.

Considering it was $73,000 less, my iPhone 6 Plus was a fantastic deal.

ha... ha... ha.... :)

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
We aren't talking about horrific lag every time we do something with the phone. Just every now and again there'll be a stutter when scrolling, a slight delay in reaction when pressing the screen, and occasionally a complete failure to recognise a screen press. Some will not notice these things, or even consider them a problem. To others they're unacceptable when older iPhones don't suffer the fault.

While I think the lag could be quite subjective, the unresponsive display is something absolutely objective. Are you sure your device isn't defective in some way?

Sosab123

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2014
iPhone 6 performs much better than any android running anything other than pure android. I put that on my soul. We at the top of the world right now in terms of performance. **** a note 4 it ain't **** without touchwiz and that **** laggy and extra plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.