Are the AirPods loud enough for running/cycling?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 212rikanmofo, Oct 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

I plan on getting these but wanted to know how good they are at keeping outside noise out. Such as when going cycling, will it keep out background noise, such as wind, etc. and will they be loud enough for me to actually hear my music or whatever material that I'm listening to.

And for talking on the phone, is it good at blocking out background noises, especially wind?

2. D!ma macrumors newbie

Yes, I use them for cycling, plenty of volume.

3. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 68000

4. D!ma macrumors newbie

Suburb roads and bike trails, but with cars around me I wouldn’t want the volume too loud for safety concerns.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I Can’t attest to any cycling in outside environments, but even for a loud/noisy gym environment, the AirPods are more than sufficient for this. That’s probably one of the strong points of the AirPods is actually the volume in my opinion.

6. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Providing they fit snug in your ears, they're a great in terms of loudness, yet balance that out by not having noise cancellation which could make things dangerous, as pointed out above.

7. eneisch macrumors 6502a

They work well for me on an NYC subway which in general has pretty loud background noise.