Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Source of damage

• Total voters

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Dear friends, this subject is very important for me so altough there is another thread about same subject i want to ask especially. thanks for replies and understanding ???

I have noticed these 2 defects like scratch or dent after unboxing and i want to ask: is it possible that these damages happened because of someone dropped this laptop during packaging after fully assembled or are they simple damages occured during aliminum chassis shaping/formalizing?

a7160860-c7c1-4f8f-b53b-f0b32d6d03a5.jpg

Adsız.png

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
If one of these MBPs gets dropped and lands on a corner, you'll often see the metal being deformed and flattened where its taken the impact. But if you're not happy with the finish, speak to Apple.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
I used to have a 2012 rMBP. When I took it into Apple for a service in 2014 the staff member ran his fingers along the edges telling me he was looking for nicks like this so he could note it on the works order, presumably so I didn’t blame them for any damage. There weren’t any.

Skip forward to 2017 and I got my MacBook Pro replaced for a new 2017 model during the battery/keyboard stock problems. It had a nick down one side brand new out of the box. I didn’t complain about it though because I was grateful to get a brand new laptop for £200. I just thought it would be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Would I bother about a brand new one I just possibly paid several thousands for? Yeah, probably.

Reactions: emraha06
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.