Are you buying iPad 3?

Who is buying iPad 3

  • Yes

    Votes: 259 70.6%
  • No

    Votes: 40 10.9%
  • Still thinking

    Votes: 68 18.5%

  • Total voters


macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
we know most of the specs coming in iPad 3; mainly the retina display.

Are you buying the iPad 3?

I have a 32GB iPad 2 wi-fi and i am in the fence, mostly i will get the iPad 3 around thanksgiving.
Last edited:


macrumors member
Nov 7, 2010
New Mexico
Yup. Gonna do it. I use my iPad too much to resist a retina display, and whatever other goodies will undoubtedly come along with it. 32gb, wifi+3G (or whatever cellular radio it has) will be my choice. Again.


macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Yep, highest capacity they will release. I'm dreaming of 128GB but it doesn't look likely.
I'm going from the iPad 1 so the upgrade will be great.


macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
I am going to pass. Mine sits under the bed most of the time, and is only used at nights. I am sure the screen is going to be amazing, and a great product for everyone who is getting one. I am hoping for that fall update to be true.


macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
i'll be getting the highest capacity for sure, but i'm still undecided about whether to get the 3g version or not.
still got my fingers crossed for 128gb, would make the upgrade even more worthwhile :)


macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
3G for me

I bought the iPad 2 Wi-Fi only after having 3G on the original iPad. I always regretted not having the 3G. I never realized how much I used the 3G. I sold the iPad 2 a month ago while waiting for the 3. I miss it SO much! Hope it is available right away....and not people camping out to send them back to China.


macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
Yup...buying my first iPad too. I have some extra money to spend so I figure I may as well go for it. Debating between 16gb and 32gb...Most likely 32 though. When I went from a 32gb iPhone 4 to a 16gb iPhone 4, it was terrible deciding what music/apps would survive ):

Probably wifi for me too. I have wifi everywhere I go...home, school, and work. There are really no other places I will be taking my iPad where having internet is imperative...and chances are that when I do take my iPad traveling, no internet will be available anyway.

Although it ultimately depends on what they announce Wednesday. I have money set aside for this, but if I think my money is better spent elsewhere or saved up altogether, I'll pursue that course of action. Can't wait for Wednesday :p


macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
I will be buying because I skipped the iPad2. I gave my mother one for christmas though.

There'll be one scenario that would let me skip this one.
If it is ONLY retina with faster graphics (needed, of course).

At least I'd like to see more RAM and a little faster CPU.
The interactive iBooks were slow on the iPad2 already.

If Apple is pushing for richer content, it needs RAM and CPU.

PS: Oh, I don't care for LTE. Don't need another contract. So, WiFi only.


macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I'll probably be buying as I'm still rocking the iPad1. I didn't fancy the iPad 2 design. I like outer shell of the iPad 1 better and the iPad 3 is a little closer to that. I will probably give my dad my old one since mom was wanting to get him one this past christmas anyway.